Helloween & Gamma Ray

So based on multiple videos from first 2 shows, they've been tempering with playback because Kiske got sick. At least they admitted it officially, since it was obvious in places, so they said they'll shorten the setlist a bit to make it easier for him. So they removed
Rise & Fall (YES!), Livin' Ain't No Crime/A Little Time (YES!/no :() and Kids Of The Century ( :( ), and replaced them with Forever & One. Not too problematic IMO.

EDIT: OK so I checked some videos from the 3rd show and there's no playback. Kiske isn't at 100% but at 49 and while sick he's still way way better than Kai and Deris so it's all good :p

Last edited:
Without wanting to know details: Does the setlist vary other than being shorter because Kiske was/is sick?
Do you think the setlist differs or are they settling for a stable set?

Setlist for the first 2 shows was the same, then it was slightly shortened for the next 2 shows that all had the same setlist. Wanna know the numbers?

Last edited:
Thanks! Not yet. So it was shortened but no other new songs appeared since the first gig? Not that I am complaining. Just curious how this evolves.

They recorded the Sao Paulo show from few days ago for a DVD.
"Kids of the Century" is back in the setlist, too bad it was dropped at Sao Paulo. Hopefully, they might include it as a bonus... you know like a certain band could have done with "Tears of a Clown" ;)

Last edited:
Setlist is back to its original length from the 1st show and Kiske seems to have recovered :D

They only replaced Rise & Fall with Forever & One, which is much obliged.

I read some interviews with Kiske and he says that they invited Grapow to participate in the reunion, but he declined.

What? Hmm. That is unfortunate. He was a long time in Helloween and very important for their music in "his" era (Kusch too in my opinion). You remember the interview I once did with Grapow (here it is)? It was done not long after he was fired. The anger was very big still. Probably still bitter now.

Just bought tix for Helloween Monday September 10 show in Chicago @concord music hall. Going to travel from Houston to see the show with my buddy if any forum members want to meet up!

Back