European Politics

^ officially named only by factory/brand name and engine size in cm3, the Zastava 750/850 Fićo was our domestic variant, or continuation of FIAT 500 Toppolino. I have a friend, whose close family of four, ranging from mother being shortest at 180cm height to older brother above 2m, would just board the Fićo and drive themselves to the countryside over the weekend.

So, how'd you fit 4 elephants into a Fico? Open the door, put in the first one, second one, third one, and then fourth one, and close the door :D

Today is Croatian Independence Day

AW4MMdGRzrDQnEaeU8TFKLnHwI4EAxY3RCKkAwVBGfs.jpg

Congratulations!

Thanks. And re: Spain it's clear who might cheer for state cops beating down on civilians. The same ones that would cheer if a certain Francisco arose from the grave.

^ officially named only by factory/brand name and engine size in cm3, the Zastava 750/850 Fićo was our domestic variant, or continuation of FIAT 500 Toppolino. I have a friend, whose close family of four, ranging from mother being shortest at 180cm height to older brother above 2m, would just board the Fićo and drive themselves to the countryside over the weekend.

So, how'd you fit 4 elephants into a Fico? Open the door, put in the first one, second one, third one, and then fourth one, and close the door :D
Zastava, of course!

In Poland the Polski Fiat (126p, 126 BIS and Maluch, from 1972-2000; longer in production than Fiat 500) was very popular. My father-in-law had two. Tom Hanks liked it too. ;)
3C5CF87E00000578-0-image-m-20_1485022680013.jpg

3C5CF97600000578-0-But_after_the_actor_posted_photos_of_himself_next_to_Fiat_126s_i-m-19_1485022670870.jpg

3C5CFAAB00000578-4143566-Tom_Hanks_with_another_Fiat_126_whilst_travelling_in_Budapest-a-31_1485027121076.jpg

Last edited:
Hehe Forostar we call that car "Peglica" or the little iron (as in cloth ironing). There were a lot of them here. My grandpa had this when I was a kid

pz-125-slika-12010851.jpg

Know this car? It's a Fiat 125 sedan, and apart from Italy it was license produced in both Yugoslavia and Poland. We had a white and a military green one, (green one for spares :)), probably Polish.
/offtopic

Croatian JSC Agrokor is the 2nd largest retail company and one of the biggest companies in the Balkans and beyond. It started in 1970s as a small private enterprise which grew into a mid sized company by end of 1980s, and with new Croatian market laws it got oligarch rights on most of our food industry. It acquired basically everything by mid 2000s, and then started its cancerous expansion over ex-Yugoslavia.

Todoric had all Croat politicians on the payroll. All of them. Even small parties that had a city or two and a sole seat in the parliament would get a donation from Ivica. The good Ivica employed 60.000 people in a country of 4 million, after all.

The good Ivica lives on the castle atop the hill. Even his cronies have maids in urban villas. Not the lady you pay to come twice or thrice a month to clean your shit up, real maid. In outfit. With her quarters and stuff. Anyways good Ivica and his crony family left us in 2 billion euro debt just against the Russian Sberbank.

When hints of real financial results started appearing, the system began to crumble. The government hastily made laws to protect their "relationship" with Agrokor. After all sorts of shady business by some domestic economists and some US revision agencies it was clear that government is not going to let trade laws interfere with their precious kleptocratic empire. It's not surprising, they haven't sent a single tax revision inspection to Agrokor in 11 years.

Things have changed in last week. Because the Soviets don't like their money nicked that easily. For all this time Ivica was removed as CEO but he kept on writing his blog from his castle essentially shifting the blame around. Then suddenly, massive arrests, Ivica flees to London while at the same time our president is visiting Moscow with heads of justice department, talking with Putin and Sberbank guys about upnotching bilateral relations and fixing issues like pollution from some factory and development of some russian museum in Zagreb. Maybe a line or two about Agrokor in the pause between these important questions.

Thanks Putin.

What do you do when you do not wish independence for one of your provinces? You replace the people who declare it.

What did you exactly expect from fascist with an intellectual depth of a frog?

I find it curious that we do not support the switch of the Crimea from the Ukraine to Russia, even though it was backed by a referendum of dubious validity, but that we support the independence of Catalonia, also backed by a referendum of dubious validity.

I find it curious that we do not support the switch of the Crimea from the Ukraine to Russia, even though it was backed by a referendum of dubious validity, but that we support the independence of Catalonia, also backed by a referendum of dubious validity.

Who do you refer to by "we"? Canada?

LC I think Foro was also talking about Catalonia?
I don't approve or disapprove the Crimean gambit. It has complicated cause-consequence chain and it's not actually related to Catalonia. Catalonia has its people, language, culture, democratic heritage but no sovereignty. Kinda the same situation if US were to give Puerto Ricans the full non-discriminatory citizenship status.

I was.

There is no Crimean independence. After years of indoctrination and infiltration, Crimea was taken, by a different and bad (*I can't think of this word anymore without hearing a Trump voice*) country. One of my least favourite countries. In fact: one of the most damaging and dangerous countries in the world. I do not approve of a bad country stealing land from another country. Fuck that.

However dubious the referendum, and even if independence is not happening (now) yet, I can understand the wish in Catalonia No other country has forced this wish upon the Catalonians. Even if a referendum would not be dubious, I feel that Spain would have reacted the same. Therefore I do not approve of Spain's current government. I do not like the EU's cowardly stance in this. Why is not a European matter enough to say something about something important in one of its nations? I'm glad the Belgium prime minister uttered openly how Spain went out of line in this matter (when violence was used).

Back