Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of songs, Skunkworks or from whole discography?

From the whole discography. Off the top of my head I remember Change of Heart, Tears of the Dragon, Acoustic Song, Darkside of Aquarius, Gates of Urizen, Inertia, Strange Death in Paradise, Gods of War, Navigate the Seas of the Sun, Arc of Space, Omega, Road to Hell... There were songs from throughout his solo career up to Tyranny of Souls; perhaps Black Wizard might remember some of the other tracks played if I have missed any (I probably have).

The music chosen for the documentary was particularly well suited to the bits where there was music on the film. Run to the Hills from Maiden could also be heard in the documentary but was not part of the songs played at the Troxy.

EDIT: I have remembered a few other songs I did not post originally, like Arc of Space and Omega.

Last edited:
The rumour going around in Newcastle about a Bruce solo gig now sounds a bit more plausible.

The rumour going around in Newcastle about a Bruce solo gig now sounds a bit more plausible.

Would you please care to elaborate further? Thanks!

It would be bizarre to do a one-off solo gig in Newcastle, but here's hoping for more solo activity in the near future.

Last edited:
If Roy Z is on the bill, I'm flying to that Bruce show even if it were on Mars.

That's all I was told. I mentioned it the other day. It was just some gossip going round at a WASP gig in Newcastle, so there's a very strong possibility it's just the rumour mill at work. The venue suggested was 'The Mayfair' - which closed years ago! I think there's a rock club night called The Mayfair now, it seems to take up residence at Newcastle City Hall.

Could still be random gossip, of course. Bruce is doing a book signing in Newcastle this month. Would be cool if Bruce's forthcoming book signings were an indicator of where he's planning to play. That would certainly surprise Dave Murray.

If Roy Z is on the bill, I'm flying to that Bruce show even if it were on Mars.

I have very fond memories of the Bruce solo gig I went to in 1997. I have seen him outside Maiden a few times after that (Canterbury cathedral with Ian Anderson in 2011, Buddy Rich anniversary concert in 2012, Sunflower Jam in 2012, Celebrating Jon Lord in 2014), but would love to go to another proper solo gig in the (near) future.

I envy you. The small club venues and a band that's so over the club gig standard bar it's not even funny.

I'd prefer if they held off to January, Decemeber is already an expensive month as it is!

I think they might start talking about the next album openly after/along with the tour announcement. You know, something like "this is the last series of shows Iron Maiden will perform before they enter the studio later in 2018." I could see that mentioned in the official tour announcement.
An announcement isn't going to break the piggy bank.
Yeah, but the ticket sale could start shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back