Official MLB baseball thread.

Let's not forget his home run in the playoffs last year against the Giants!

Never forget that, funny story .. I was working on a project and was in San Francisco during that series. I wanted to go to a game, but the start times were too early. People there were giving me crap after game 3.. after the game 4, I got a relative in Chicago to buy me a Javier Baez jersey and had it sent overnight to my hotel to wear into the office the day after we won the series. That last game was epic

Oh well. You can't win it every year. 3 straight NLCS appearances is nothing to be ashamed of. The Cubs still have a realistic chance to become what the Blackhawks are now: consistently competitive, in the playoffs every year, with hopefully a few titles to show for it. You can't ask for much more than that.

What does everyone think of the Yankees chance tonight?

I've never been a Yankees fan, so I'm definitely pulling for the Astros. I love Altuve and the fact that they're a small-market team that has gotten this far. I've also always been a Verlander fan, and was happy he got to go to a contender. That said, this particular Yankees team is quite likable, with Judge, Castro, and the Flying Dutchman Didi Gregorious.

Still, if it's Dodgers vs. Yankees, I will not watch a single game because I don't want to give the major networks (is it FOX this year?) ratings for their wet dream World Series. But I'd be pulling for the Yanks as the lesser of two evils, because I have always despised the Dodgers.

Royals, Cubs, Astros... who's next? Seattle? Detroit? Pittsburgh?

Would be nice to see the Jays win again, but somehow they couldn't keep last year's momentum.

I think its wide open for next year! Hopefully the Yankeea can replicate this year and the postseaaon run but somehow I cant see it

Back