Bruce Dickinson

This is probably the only time I would ever be able to ask one of the band members how The Apparition came to be. Even if it's not a Bruce song, I'm sure he knows some details.

MY GOD I MUST GET THIS ANSWERED

Well, maybe it's just linked to the talk about Bruce's book signing in Newcastle this month,
but there's a rumour going around that he's going to play a solo gig in Newcastle in the near future. I'm digging for more info.

Hi everyone,

Brand new poster, but LONG time lurker!!! Can't wait to join in with the discussions on here :)

Brigantium, has your digging for info on the above got anywhere? BRILLIANT news about a solo gig (and I'd assume a tour). I've waited YEARS to hear stuff from Accident of Birth live!!!!

I read in the most recent Classic Rock magazine where they interview Bruce that he mentions he's recorded half of a new solo album in LA which he's "itching to finish" (or words to that effect), so could he be finishing that up, and then tour next year on the back of it?

Thanks, can't wait to hear what you've found out!!!!

It would be great if you could post highlights here. I'm out and about and can't listen. Thanks!

It seems that the interviewer is going through his life (and book) periodically. Now we are at his school years.

Fact 1: Bruce's parents were working on a cruise ship as a dog act with a poodle when he was very young and living with his grandparents.
Fact 2: He finished his degree and had the first rehearsal with Samson on the same day.

So far, early years, school days, Samson and joining Iron Maiden, and first experiences with Maiden, praising Martin Birch as an engineer and psychologist.

Fact 3: When he joined Maiden, he thought that the band had endless potential.
Fact 4: He thinks that Martin Birch is the crucial person during his vocal development.
Fact 5: The audiobook is 666 minutes long (not-intentionally).

Back