Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Wet weather and walking next to roads busy with cars don't fit together here in Tallinn. The roads are shite and you rely on the mercy of motorists not to splash you wet from head to toe.
That happens in Southampton as well ...
Most of them do but there's the occasional asshole who doesn't care about pedestrians.
This, however, is distinctly the other way around here :angry-:

Try the mobile version of Yahoo. They put the top comment on each story on their front page. Usually racist.

Because social media is the only outlet where they can freely spew hatred and ignorance and get away with it.

Also brigading. One thing is to have right wing loons circlejerking over a right wing loon video, the 200+ votes "Hitler did nothing wrong" on some random non-political video can be only explained by coordinated effort.

I can see the anonymity thing, but you'd think there should be more than enough sane people to counter-balance that. Makes me wonder how Youtube commentators represent the general population in their secret worldview.

It can be misleading, because a lot of the insane comments come from people looking to troll. The amount of people who show their true colors is not small, but neither is the amount of people taking on personas to shitpost.

I've seen people try to counter the bigotry, and they tend to get a massive number of thumbs down, and ripped apart with criticism. It looks like the eedjits are in a majority, although I suspect they're not. They're just obsessively on there all the time when other people have lives? On a brighter note, I find the comments section on my local newspaper's website is pretty good. You do see bigotry, but there's always sensible comments too, including people who destroy the arguments of the bigots.

What baffles me though is why so many folk seem determined to fill up the entire internet with how much they don't like things. Why can't they find something they like and post about that instead?

I will say this though, the main reason I post comments on YouTube is because tearing ignorance and moronic arguments apart is an ego trip. I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't getting that kick out of it.
I admit that I sometimes try to be the first in exclusive things for the same reason. I'm sure you've seen examples of me being a bit like that on here.

Back