Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I always wonder about those social media posts where people say they want less negativity in their news feed, and ask their friends to post the third from last photo from their phone. When I worked for newspapers, there was a pretty good chance of that photo being a burnt out pub or a nasty car accident.

Looks like I need either an oculist or an occultist. I'd swear there was another message here, right after the one by Briggs. Blink and it's gone. :confused:

Man, this year fucking sucks. If Tom Petty's death wasn't bad enough, now Ralphie May, one of the funniest comedians of the 21st century, let alone of all time, has passed as well.

I feel like this is build-up for a massive death toll sometime in December. :facepalm:

And yet, as evidently hinted by the previous speaker, not the same people every year, again and again, fortunately.

I saw another Tesla car today. Really lovely looking car and stuck out like a sore thumb because it was so quiet.

The Model S is a very good looking car. Expensive though ... but it is actually quite popular here in Norway as it is the first "high-end" electric car and the car toll regime makes it competitive. (When you buy a new petrol/diesel car in the price range of the TMS, more than one third is tax. Electric vehicles are exempted from the new car tax. In addition, they can pass road tolls for free and travel for free on many ferry routes).

Diesel Listens To Sabaton & Other Stories

So I listened to the Top 10 of the Sabaton Survivor and these are my thoughts:

10. Wolfpack - pretty decent song. Crushing, powerful, maybe even better than Dive! Dive! Dive! and Run Silent Run Deep when it comes to submarine songs. 8.5/10.
9. Union (Slopes Of St. Benedict) - not as good as Wolfpack, yet still enjoyable. 8/10.
8. Far From The Fame - not as good as the previous two, and the chorus is... eh. 7/10.
7. Primo Victoria - better than that last one, but not the best song I've ever heard. Not a big fan of Sabaton's trudge. 7.8/10.
6. Night Witches - now that's more what I like. Faster, heavier, cool jam. 8.4/10.
5. Ghost Division - now that's what I call a fucking song. Not that big a fan of the guitar sound here, but the whole thing is so strong it really doesn't matter. 10/10.
4. Panzer Battalion - I had high hopes for a song called "Panzer Battalion", and while the song didn't live up to all of them, it's still a force to be reckoned with, which is what a song of that name deserves. 8.4/10.
3. To Hell And Back - I never thought I'd see the day when I band would take Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) and turn it into a power metal song about war. Never in my wildest dreams. 8.5/10.
(2.) Carolus Rex - better than Gott Mit Uns. 8/10.
(1.) Gott Mit Uns - does not deserve to win. 7/10.

Overall - I think I get what people see in the band, but they're not something I'm returning to very often. Except Ghost Division. That shit was epic.

It's expensive for a reason. :D

Well, yes. But in countries with less aggressive car taxes than Norway, you can get a top-specced MB E-class, BMW 5-series, or Audi A7 at that price. And from what I've read about other factors (reliability and build quality, for example) it is not quite on that level. So in most countries, it is a car for those who are particularly enthusiastic for electric vehicles. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

I guess I will also be driving an electric car within not that many years. For now I'm happy with the car I've got.

So, I just did something fucking dumb.

The previous night, I drank a lot of water before going to bed. Naturally, I woke up with the urge to pee in the middle of my sleep. I really needed the sleep so I couldn't be arsed to go to the bathroom. So instead, I pissed in the metal bottle just beside my bed that I use to drink water during the day. I was supposed to empty it and clean it upon getting up, of course.

But I didn't. I forgot about it. Went through the day without drinking water until moments ago. Until I...I think you know what I did.

So, I just did something fucking dumb.

The previous night, I drank a lot of water before going to bed. Naturally, I woke up with the urge to pee in the middle of my sleep. I really needed the sleep so I couldn't be arsed to go to the bathroom. So instead, I pissed in the metal bottle just beside my bed that I use to drink water during the day. I was supposed to empty it and clean it upon getting up, of course.

But I didn't. I forgot about it. Went through the day without drinking water until moments ago. Until I...I think you know what I did.
You'll really take the piss for that one! :lol:

Back