Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bloody fact that by all accounts, the video is sub-par as compared to a stellar release such as LAD. If you want to fucking deny that, you're a fucking dumbkopf for what it's worth, blimey!
Listen, it's not just the quality of music. Iron Maiden's not always about the music. If Maiden was always about the music, they wouldn't carry around a 25 foot tall inflatable Eddie head, would they? It's a show. It's entertainment, and this was where the entertainment was at the maximum, and the music...well, it was still bloody good, innit?

I was 10 when it was on tv. It was the greatest moment of my life. I made the (correct) decision to never watch it again.

I taped it off the TV. I missed everything up to Hallowed because me ma and da were watching a video! and I had to wait until it was over. Kids these days don't know how easy they have it.

the version released by Maiden had loads of different editing and camera angles to the TV broadcast.

Aye, me an the bro watched and taped it. It was better than Christmas. And to prove my lie, i bought it when it came out and watched it to death and the different bits in the official release blew my mind. I never really thought about the ridiculous nature of the whole thing. Ok, its cheesy but the band had shared a stage with a robotic and inflatable demon for years. And allowed Bruce to dress as he did in 86/87. Il have some illusion over the fuckin monkey/banana carry on any day. And Id wager that most, if not all, here would of gave half a nostril to have been there.
All that said, it is definitely my least visited live release. By many years.

Listen, it's not just the quality of music. Iron Maiden's not always about the music. If Maiden was always about the music, they wouldn't carry around a 25 foot tall inflatable Eddie head, would they? It's a show. It's entertainment, and this was where the entertainment was at the maximum, and the music...well, it was still bloody good, innit?

Oh, I ain't even gonna argue about it. They fucked up. They fucking fucked up! You ain't out there, all on your fuckin' own, playin' your poxy Maiden show, DADADADA! DADADADA! And then your fuckin' 'ands get fuckin cut off! Well fuck me it's entertainment!

Oh, I ain't even gonna argue about it. They fucked up. They fucking fucked up! You ain't out there, all on your fuckin' own, playin' your poxy Maiden show, DADADADA! DADADADA! And then your fuckin' 'ands get fuckin cut off! Well fuck me it's entertainment!
Well look, Davey might have had his hands cut off, but he knew he was in a metal-magic show - the best metal-magic show - I mean you'd think he'd have complained. And I'm just going to say this - he was smilin' the whole time, wasn't he? Of course he fuckin' was.

I have a source that claims that in 2018 Wrathchild will be performed like Metallica preformed Am I Evil in 1992, by switching instruments. The line-up for the song will be:

Dave - vocals
Adrian - drums
Janick - bass
Nico - guitar
Bruce - guitar
Steve - guitar

Raising Hell was the moment I was most embarrassed to be a Maiden fan. Did not fully recover until I heard Ghost of the Navigator in 2000.

The magic bits were absolutely cringeworthy, but not as embarrasing as seeing them dressed as football players 5 years later for the Virtual XI booklet. Blimey, that was awful (the music on the album did not help either to minimise the impression of a legendary band hitting rock bottom).

The plus point of raising hell was that Bruce put a shift in. Unlike earlier shows on the real live dead tour. Typically the band stick rigidly to the set list when they could have thrown in some songs that would have lent well to the magic bits. Die with your boots on, murder in the rue morgue, chains of misery

Well look, Davey might have had his hands cut off, but he knew he was in a metal-magic show - the best metal-magic show - I mean you'd think he'd have complained. And I'm just going to say this - he was smilin' the whole time, wasn't he? Of course he fuckin' was.

There's a difference in smiling in a metal magic show and making a metal show with magic you smile at.

There's a difference in smiling in a metal magic show and making a metal show with magic you smile at.
Sure, there's a difference, but I don't think it matters to the end consumer, does it? They put together something that is not only unique, but it's designed to give an appropriate send off to Bruce. Now, spoiler alert, he came back. But really, what better way can describe the early 1990s than Raising Hell?

There has always been a very subtle/slight cheese factor with Maiden that's never really bothered me...but Raising Hell just pushed it into full blown Spinal Tap territory.

What made it worse is that the band seemed to think that it was legitimately bad-ass.

Guys, what do you think about The Book Of Souls songs on their next (non TBOS themed) tours, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back