Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting on an early 2018 recording session, summer "hits" tour with one new track, and an album release around August 2018... though the eternal optimist in me hopes it's a winter 2017 recording session, late spring 2018 release and a full-fledged new album tour in summer 2018.

I am also thinking on a GMETID-like scenario for the summer tour, followed by the release of the new album.

Bruce is doing a book tour and recently included USA dates.... sadly, like the DoD tour, it's New York and California.... o_O

would be cool for him to hit up RnR Ribs for the tour... RnR ribs facebook page even suggested it lol

I've had a rethink about this 2018 tour..

I'm gonna call it now, since there is no DVD to go with the new live Souls cd, I believe the 2018 tour will actually be a revamped 'Fear Of The Dark' era show. It will accompany & promote the official re-release of the Live At Donnington 92/ Raising Hell official double set DVD. It will include the history doc of this era.

Hopefully they will reedit the terrible footage from the original LAD 92 video and include more watchable, colour only footage.

Maiden is recording an album somewhere between now and the September next year. Kevin Shirley says that he will be doing some studio work with Maiden in the near future (I doubt that he would say that without Maiden booking him). I'm willing to bet that the new album will be recorded somewhere between October this year and April next year, followed by GMETID-type tour of Europe in the summer. Although if they finish recording before new year, they could skip the greatest hits tour and release the album in the spring. In that case it would probably be an album tour.

That sounds about right. Rod will probably push them to do a Play Classics tour this summer though so I don't expect the album to come before.

Bruce is doing a book tour and recently included USA dates.... sadly, like the DoD tour, it's New York and California.... o_O

would be cool for him to hit up RnR Ribs for the tour... RnR ribs facebook page even suggested it lol

Such a shame he's not coming near Chicago (or anywhere in the middle of the US, for the matter). I would definitely travel to be able to have a one-on-one with Bruce, but the coasts are just too far.

Maiden is recording an album somewhere between now and the September next year. Kevin Shirley says that he will be doing some studio work with Maiden in the near future (I doubt that he would say that without Maiden booking him). I'm willing to bet that the new album will be recorded somewhere between October this year and April next year, followed by GMETID-type tour of Europe in the summer. Although if they finish recording before new year, they could skip the greatest hits tour and release the album in the spring. In that case it would probably be an album tour.

he'll be in the studio with them processing the lost Somewhere in Time songs from 1986-1987 tour and then the tour to follow will be a rebirth of Somewhere on Tour.

of course, one can dream...

Received it yesterday in France. Most fans on the official board seem delighted, but I'm not that ecstatic. Nothing new about their plans for next year.

So unique is like most optimal. It's either unique or it isn't. And RH isn't, just trash and kitsch to be honest. With a very good band performance, nevertheless the concept itself stinks of rotten cheese.

Now I guess you're probably taking a shit at it too, this is just my take.

Now I guess you're probably taking a shit at it too, this is just my take.
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just looking forward to seeing the magic in epic, clear blu Ray quality. I mean, getting rid of the grainy visuals which obscure the chintz of the effects will surely make it even better.

Last edited:
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just looking forward to seeing the magic in epic, clear blu Ray quality. I mean, getting rid of the grainy visuals which obscure the chintz of the effects will surely make it even better.

It's a bloody fact that by all accounts, the video is sub-par as compared to a stellar release such as LAD. If you want to fucking deny that, you're a fucking dumbkopf for what it's worth, blimey!

Raising Hell was the moment I was most embarrassed to be a Maiden fan. Did not fully recover until I heard Ghost of the Navigator in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back