What If: Eddie's Archive 2

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Here's a topic I've been wanting to make for awhile. If Maiden were to put together another Eddie's Archive box set, what would you want on it? For me:

Hammersmith 1984 - The recording on side 4 of Live After Death. This show had a better setlist, better performance by Bruce, and should be released in its entirety. It would also make sense as a "sequel" to Beast Over Hammersmith.

Maiden Japan
- The complete concert.

The Rest Of the B-Sides
- All the b-sides that weren't on the first compilation, plus maybe The Soundhouse Tapes, Women In Uniform, and the unreleased covers from the AMOLAD sessions. Basically everything that isn't widely available on CD anymore.

Here's a topic I've been wanting to make for awhile. If Maiden were to put together another Eddie's Archive box set, what would you want on it? For me:

Hammersmith 1984 - The recording on side 4 of Live After Death. This show had a better setlist, better performance by Bruce, and should be released in its entirety. It would also make sense as a "sequel" to Beast Over Hammersmith.

Maiden Japan
- The complete concert.

The Rest Of the B-Sides
- All the b-sides that weren't on the first compilation, plus maybe The Soundhouse Tapes, Women In Uniform, and the unreleased covers from the AMOLAD sessions. Basically everything that isn't widely available on CD anymore.

Assuming we're talking 3x2CDs as in the original, I wholeheartedly agree that Japan 1981 must be one of them. For the other two, however, I'd like a gig from 1983 and one from 1986 - Hammersmith Odeon maybe. After all, it was a tape of Hammersmith 1986 (umpteenth re-recording and really awful quality) that got me into Maiden thirty years ago, so it'd be only fair for me. Soundhouse Tapes - or the entire Spaceward demo for that matter - would be cool but I think it's unlikely. Even cooler and even unlikelier would be pre-Di'anno gigs and the rehearsal preserved by Barry Purkis.

Maiden japan 81

Eddie's boys from 83

Paris 86

Wembley arena 90

Milan 99

And the rest of the b-sides with the unreleased AMOLAD

I bet Kevin Shirley has some interesting stuff kicking around from the writing session for TBOS too, considering it was written in-studio. First attempts at certain songs and stuff...might be really interesting.

Yeah, I've got that one and it's great! I'd still love for an official release. It's like the band kind of pretends that tour never happened.

Back