The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Every gig is filmed. They can easily choose between good and better versions of all songs.
It would be the best to have something like Flight 666. 1 song from 15 different gigs (or 17 songs (+ The Great Unknown and Wrathchild)).
You can't imagine Children Of The Damned from Vienna 2016. It's Bruce's best one since Hammersmith...
The problem is that every gig is recorded with about 5 cameras. For a good DVD you need more... Flight 666 had additional cameras on every gig. They could do the whole concert like DOG and WY that were done from several performances, but I would much prefer one or two profesionally filmed gigs.

Donington 2016 was recorded, as far as I know. Donington 2013 was also recorded; they had additional cameras and they even flew Kevin Shirley to England just to oversee the recording.
They'd have to work around a couple of bloopers at Donington 13 and 16. :D

According to Wikipedia they used 22 cameras + the flying one for recording En Vivo. So it seems producing a bluray (which I keep watching as I drink beer alone hundreds of times over time) requires quite an effort.

The problem is that every gig is recorded with about 5 cameras. For a good DVD you need more... Flight 666 had additional cameras on every gig. They could do the whole concert like DOG and WY that were done from several performances, but I would much prefer one or two profesionally filmed gigs.

5 cams is better than no cams (if nothing else, it could produce a more Maiden England style DVD).

Uhh, Death on the Road released as an album in 2005 and on DVD in 2006. Sure, the other three released soon after the tours, but it's not out of the question that the DVD gets a late release.

My memory of Death on the Road was the DVD and album were supposed to be released together, and I think the were in Europe (I'm open to correction on that), but there was a fuck up with the DVD that it wouldn't play properly and it had to be delayed.

My memory of Death on the Road was the DVD and album were supposed to be released together, and I think the were in Europe (I'm open to correction on that), but there was a fuck up with the DVD that it wouldn't play properly and it had to be delayed.

Correct. Apparently the copy protection that Steve insisted to include made the DVD unplayable by most DVD players - the DVDs were recalled and re-released the following year once the problem was fixed.

Nah, the original release date was supposed to be 2005 but it was pushed back to 2006 for unknown reasons. Then they had to do a recall after the DVDs had playback issues, and the DVD was only released in the US a whole year after that, in 2007.

Yeah it's terrible editing-wise. A real seizure-inducing mess, complete with a mishmash of randomly black and white shots as well as shots filmed in 4:3 that were just stretched out to fill the screen. And the actual music production is pretty terrible too! It's like they didn't care at all about a quality product all of a sudden.

Oh man I loved that set list though. I have a janky boot of a Hammerstein ballroom gig that Ive watched at least 150 times.
Between death on the road and the final frontier world tour 2010.... my favorite set lists ever.

hahaha, I really like it when Bruce doesn't take himself too seriously! But maybe....just maybe he is a bit over the line with this costume??

Oh man I loved that set list though. I have a janky boot of a Hammerstein ballroom gig that Ive watched at least 150 times.
Between death on the road and the final frontier world tour 2010.... my favorite set lists ever.
I liked the set too, but funny you should mention that because I was recently browsing old threads and such on here, and when the set for the DoD tour was first revealed, a whole load of people were actually complaining about it being very samey and having all the usual setlist staples. Man, if only they knew what was to come...

I liked the set too, but funny you should mention that because I was recently browsing old threads and such on here, and when the set for the DoD tour was first revealed, a whole load of people were actually complaining about it being very samey and having all the usual setlist staples. Man, if only they knew what was to come...

Such as playing Children of the Damned and Powerslave on the Book of Souls tour rather than usual setlist staples?

Such as playing Children of the Damned and Powerslave on the Book of Souls tour rather than usual setlist staples?
The Boring Book Of Souls Tour.

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed Of Light
2 Minutes To Midnight
Tears Of A Clown
The Red And The Black
The Trooper
The Wicker Man
Death Or Glory
The Book Of Souls
Hallowed
FOTD
IM

I'm so glad they didn't do this.

I was referring to the various history tours and the fact that despite all the whining about staples, it only got worse from there with TETMD, 2MTM, Trooper, NOTB, HBTN, FotD, etc. all sticking around on most of the tours that followed. Remember, people were seriously calling for Hallowed and NOTB and the like to just be dropped in favor of rarities, which was honestly a totally crazy suggestion.

I got no problem with the TBOS setlist personally, I think it's fucking great. I did think the endless ME tour with barely any rarities was a bad mark and that the 2011 TFF leg could've been far better, but that's in the past now, no use whining about it.

Back