The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

The problem with Wrathchild is that it's THE song they go to when they mix up their setlists. 2009/2010/2014 and now 2017. It's so boring.

Actually when you put it that way I get it, it would be a lot more inspired to chuck in Killers or Murders in the Rue Morgue if they wanted something of that era in the set.

As for swapping Brighter Than a Thousand Suns for it in 2010, I already thought that was criminal.

I'm thinking Wrathchild is the song we think is The Great Unknown. They moved it to an earlier spot.
It's the probable answer, but the one thing that's throwing me off is the fact that it really does look like a two word song, which doesn't fit Wrathchild. I guess they likeliest option is this: they rehearsed and planned to play something else (possibly TGU) but in the end it didn't work out and they didn't want to learn something that's not a staple or do Tears again, so Wrathchild it is.

I dunno, might be. The only thing that still throws me off is how long the line is. Maybe somebody spelled it as Wrath Child for some reason, I dunno. I'm just trying to remain hopeful for something cool getting played but Wrathchild's probably it for set changes this tour.

e: Hah, perfect timing.

I hope it's not the only change. Why bother making any changes if that would be just to add Wrathchild? There must be something interesting thrown in around the middle of the set.

I hope it's not the only change. Why bother making any changes if that would be just to add Wrathchild? There must be something interesting thrown in around the middle of the set.
Maybe they thought the audiences would appreciate the addition of another classic, who knows.

Green lighting, huh. Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not TBoS.

They've obviously skipped that over too and jumped straight to Hallowed!

Definitely a new backdrop:
C-CsMJHXsAAahOi.jpg:large

That's the Eddie from this leg's poster holding a head. Interesting... Could it be TGU? :O It looks like they're playing a calm intro.

Back