The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I'm from St. Louis. Was just curious how close we were to each other.

They've played Indianapolis in the past, so that'd be a close distance you could possibly go to. Not sure if they've ever played Ohio in recent years.

I've always had to travel to Chicago to see them most times since 2008. They came in St. Louis in 2013, first time since 2000. I'm remaining optimistic they may throw us another bone in 2017, the crowd gave them a hell of a reception in 2013.

Last edited:
I'll take the fifteen dates, especially if it's like 2012/13 where they alternated the cities they went to (like St. Louis instead of Chicago, etc).

The rumors leading up to now have been summer 2017 dates for North America. I was just curious if anyone had heard anything more concrete. British Lion is touring now, and so far Maiden's European tour lasts for one month from late April to late May. I find it very unlikely that that's all they'd be doing in 2017, which means North America and the rest of the world have chances for a tour anywhere from June to September.
Steve has comfirmed dates with BL at the end of July and in August next year. But they still could do a 10-15 date tour of NA from the middle of June till the middle of July.

America is a huge market that they barely scratched the surface of this year. To skip a full scale tour in favor a small club tour for a solo project doesn't make any business sense. I know it's Steve's band but I'm sure Rod $mallwood still has a major say there. If they don't tour I don't think BL will be the reason.

I think most of the band (bar Steve) wouldn't be too crazy about touring in August and going straight to the studio in September (I'm almost certain that the studio is already booked).

Steve has comfirmed dates with BL at the end of July and in August next year. But they still could do a 10-15 date tour of NA from the middle of June till the middle of July.
I think most of the band (bar Steve) wouldn't be too crazy about touring in August and going straight to the studio in September (I'm almost certain that the studio is already booked).
Steve hasn't said anything, but do you also think he might have in mind dropping a BL album (live or studio) before those BL dates in July/August i.e. after Maiden finish touring & BL start?

Steve hasn't said anything, but do you also think he might have in mind dropping a BL album (live or studio) before those BL dates in July/August i.e. after Maiden finish touring & BL start?
Possibly. A live album is even more possible. But for now, the only two things we for sure know about Steve are that he doesn't age and he doesn't ever stop.

Steve has comfirmed dates with BL at the end of July and in August next year.

First I've heard of this. I know he's interested in releasing a live album for British Lion, but the only tour news I've heard since September is the November/December tour he just recently finished.

This still leaves Bruce's not-so-cryptic messages from the US tour last year, where he said they'd be back next year. The two shows I went to in Tulsa and Chicago, a month apart from each other, he said this. I think a few other members reported hearing similar things from a few of the other cities, I just can't remember which ones.

Back