Rhapsody/Rhapsody Of Fire/Luca Turilli's Rhapsody

I've heard one song from Rhapsody of Fire (Emerald Sword) and loved it, I'm gonna get all the albums in chronological order when I realised there is some kind of overarching story to it.

Have yet to get the first one.

Wait a minute, THE Tom Hess? Isn't he that guy who rips off people with online guitar lessons?

They recorded a cover of Flash Of The Blade, and it will appear as a bonus track on some versions of the new album.

News:

Luca Turilli and Patrice Guers are leaving RHAPSODY OF FIRE. They will continue under the name of RHAPSODY which will also feature long-time session/live guitarist Dominique Leurquin and Alex Holzwarth, and new vocalist and keyboardist.
RHAPSODY OF FIRE will continue with Fabio Lione, Alex Staropoli, Tom Hess and Alex Holzwarth (who will drum in both bands), with new second guitarist and bassist.

Lineups will be like this:

RHAPSODY OF FIRE - Lione, Hess, Staropoli, Holzwarth, new second guitarist and bassist
RHAPSODY - Turilli, Leurquin, Guers, Holzwarth, new singer and keyboardist

See NP, this is why I don't get Helloweens newer stuff, I need the money to start getting these guys albums! :p

They closed their forum after the announcement, and now it's open again with new (tyrannic) rules :down:

I love all versions of Rhapsody, ever since I first heard Dawn of victory back in 2001. I also really like the albums Power of the dragonflame, Symphony of the enchanted lands II (especially the production) , and Frozen tears of angels (awesome comeback). Luca Turilli is such a talented composer, the two Luca Turilli’s Rhapsody albums were awesome to. Hope Turilli and Lione will come up with some great music again this summer. Kinda stupid they recently completed a rhapsody farewell tour, and now the very same line up are recording a new album calling it Turilli Lione Rhapsody!

Too bad the current Rhapody of fire struggles and have become moden Manowar-light, but today I bought the new album The eight mountain and I can’t wait to give it a couple of spins, hoping it will be better than the last years. I’m so glad they got rid of Tom Hess, he pretty much ruined the band all over.

The most indecisive band(s) ever:

Formed in 1993 as Thundercross, then changed the name to Rhapsody in 1995, and to Rhapsody of Fire in 2006.

The band's classic lineup was from 2002-2011 and featured Fabio Lione on vocals, Luca Turilli and Dominique Leurquin on guitars, Patrice Guers on bass, Alex Holzwarth on drums and Alex Staropoli on keyboards.

In 2011 the chaos begins.

First Tom Hess replaces Leurquin on guitar, then Turilli and Guers leave and are replaced by Roby De Micheli and Oliver Holzwarth respectfully.

Turilli, Leurquin and Guers form a new band called Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, with new vocalist Alessandro Conti, and Alex Holzwarth on drums, who will play drums for both Rhapsody's... That didn't last for too long and he is replaced in LTR by Alex Landenburg.

Tom Hess leaves ROF first, soon to be followed by both Holzwarth brothers and at last, Fabio Lione in 2016. Current lineup in 2019 is Staropoli + 4 mercenaries.

In 2016, classic Rhapsody lineup reunites for a "farewell" tour with the classic lineup mentioned above minus Staropoli who refused to participate and gets replaced with playback.

In late 2018, Turilli disbands LTR and forms Turilli / Lione Rhapsody with the classic lineup mentioned above minus Staropoli.

Oh yeah, in 2018, Lione and Conti also recorded an album of their own called very imaginatively Lione / Conti.

I only like two of their albums:

2010 - The Frozen Tears Of Angels
2011 - From Chaos To Eternity

So nah.

In 2016, classic Rhapsody lineup reunites for a "farewell" tour with the classic lineup mentioned above minus Staropoli who refused to participate and gets replaced with playback.

My brother went to see the classic line-up in the early 2000s and says that playback was a heavy feature of the band's "live" sound. :D

The most indecisive band(s) ever:

Formed in 1993 as Thundercross, then changed the name to Rhapsody in 1995, and to Rhapsody of Fire in 2006.

The band's classic lineup was from 2002-2011 and featured Fabio Lione on vocals, Luca Turilli and Dominique Leurquin on guitars, Patrice Guers on bass, Alex Holzwarth on drums and Alex Staropoli on keyboards.

In 2011 the chaos begins.

First Tom Hess replaces Leurquin on guitar, then Turilli and Guers leave and are replaced by Roby De Micheli and Oliver Holzwarth respectfully.

Turilli, Leurquin and Guers form a new band called Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, with new vocalist Alessandro Conti, and Alex Holzwarth on drums, who will play drums for both Rhapsody's... That didn't last for too long and he is replaced in LTR by Alex Landenburg.

Tom Hess leaves ROF first, soon to be followed by both Holzwarth brothers and at last, Fabio Lione in 2016. Current lineup in 2019 is Staropoli + 4 mercenaries.

In late 2018, Turilli disbands LTR and forms Turilli / Lione Rhapsody with the classic lineup mentioned above minus Staropoli.

Oh yeah, in 2018, Lione and Conti also recorded an album of their own called very imaginatively Lione / Conti.

That is why I stopped listening to them. I have the 2 original sagas under Rhapsody and Rhapsody of Fire. Once the chaos began I quit. Love them though. The last track on Power of the Dragonflame is a close to perfect as symphonic metal can get.

I can’t deal with Lione’s accent. I like Turilli’s solo work much better. Ascending To Infinity was also pretty good.

Back