Matt Barlow (ex-Iced Earth, Ashes Of Ares, Sentinels)

Every time Matt Barlow retires from music, he comes back as soon as IE gets another singer. It makes you think he's only doing it to get out of the band.

Right. But it is interesting how he times his comebacks. I'm sure if it wasn't for him being a cop, he'd return to IE in a heartbeat.

I'm sure that he's just tired of Schaffer. Probably sees him enough at family reunions..

Well if he wasn't a cop he wouldn't have left the band in the first place ;)
Exactly.

I dunno about Schaffer, they still seem to be on good terms. Especially considering how Barlow went out of his way to rejoin for Crucible of Man.

I'm sure that he's just tired of Schaffer. Probably sees him enough at family reunions..
He doesn't want to be away from his family, he has stated that before. I remember meeting him in 2008 after an IE gig, and I asked him how he manages his two jobs and everything else. He replied "I dunno, man". and looked rather sad.

I suppose you can't really blame him for that. It must be tough to tour with a family at home.

I liked the scream and the little bit of vocals we got. The riff I did not like, and got tired of it quickly. :S

We’ll be leaving for Germany in two weeks to play our very first show at the ROCK HARD Festival! We’ve got a couple more rehearsals to go, but everything’s sounding great. We want to be up front with you who may have expectations about our setlist. We will not be playing any material from any former bands we have been in. We started this band together to share the very best of what we’ve learned and experienced over the years. We are very proud of the songs we are currently recording for our debut album, and we are confident that we will exceed your expectations.

Back