Youtube and its copyright policy

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7164

XNsIUsM.jpg

How can they claim copyrights over a ROIO ? I've filed complaint for a Pantera video, that's just FM broadcast of a show, they've validated their claims and now I can force an appeal, but that can also do something negative for my account, as it seems. I've written in the dispute that this is a record of independent origin of a live band that doesn't prohibit such acts of recording.

There is Bruce Dickinson there playing a Bruce Dickinson song broadcasted on a Chilean TV. The claimed proprietors are entities holding rights to studio BD/IM discography. What. The. Fuck.

How can they claim copyrights over a ROIO ?

They can't. They're just assuming they can until proven otherwise. That's why until two years ago, German viewers couldn't watch music videos.

I don't think so.

They can't. They're just assuming they can until proven otherwise. That's why until two years ago, German viewers couldn't watch music videos.

They already dismissed my complaint, which calls proprietors to manually inspect the disputed video, because the initial flagging is done by algorithms. Now I can force an appeal, but they can penalize me if I lose. I already wrote in the complaint that this is an ROIO bla bla. So it's safe to push through?

Were you getting ad revenue from the videos? Venues tend to be okay with non-commercial use of photos and videos done on their premises, but if it's intended for use for commercial gain, the person making the recording or image is expected to ask permission, and maybe pay for rights in some cases. You don't know who recorded the material, but if you're publishing it for your own financial gain, that could well open you up to claims from the venue for a cut of the money you make. I'm not as sure how it works for record companies or whoever has copyright to the actual song, but at a guess, you're making financial gain from their material without permission from them, so they could also press for a cut of any money made. Plus there will be agencies who seek out copyright infringements and also want their little fee for pursuing it on behalf of whoever has a legal interest.

No, but these people do. That's why I want to challenge them, I see no reason for them to get money out of bootlegs. Fuck that. If that's how YT works, I'll open a Vimeo or something else.

Back