YOUR top 5 maiden songs

Five, in no particular order.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Paschendale
Infinite Dreams

Only ROTAM and HBTN are dead certain and ever-present in the top 5. I'd say there are about 30 songs that can occasionally visit the top 5. To mention a few: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Powerslave, Blood Brothers, Brave New World, Phantom of the Opera, To Tame A Land, Alexander the Great.

1: Hallowed Be Thy Name
2: Aces High
3: Paschendale
4: Dance Of Death
5: Starblind

Thats as of today however it is a very changeable list apart from No.1 That always stays the same.

1. Hallowed Be Thy Name
2. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
These two simply cannot ever change; both are simply the epitome of Maiden, both musically and thematically, need I say more?
3-5. This is ever changing. It goes without saying that Maiden have an answer for everything in their music and my top favourites are always switching depending on my moods, feelings, thoughts, etc over periods of time and at different stages throughout in my life. These usually consist of songs that have always held a special place in my heart anyway, but they step up this category as I just find myself listening to them more often than usual. But sometimes an 'anomaly' will crop up in this area for a while. To give you an example, at the moment I would say:
3. No More Lies
4. Sanctuary
5. Out of The Silent Planet
Then it gets down to rest of the songs that hold a special place in my heart, songs such as 22 Acacia Avenue, Revelations and Drifters to name but a few (I mention these in particular as they have memorably been in the 3-5 region in the past). And of course I just let it come and go and let things change and switch around as these favourites always do for the majority of people. No doubt in a few weeks there will perhaps be a new 'then current favourite' in there, maybe more than one. And that's the beauty of it.
Up The Irons! :edmetal:

Quest for Fire doesn't deserve to be there, it's a very good song in my case.
And the instrumental section of the Apparition is very strong, Virus is not that bad. Of course, Quest for Fire is far superior to, say, Flight of Icarus and Revelations.

And the instrumental section of the Apparition is very strong, Virus is not that bad. Of course, Quest for Fire is far superior to, say, Flight of Icarus and Revelations.
Virus has the WORST backing vocals I've ever heard. EVER! I like the way the riff kicks in after the slow intro but that's about it.

1 Still Life.............................The Maiden sound to a "T"!!.... perfect.
2 Rime.................................What an experience this song is, every listen.
3 Losfer Words [Big Ora]...The heavy instrumental masterpiece.
4 Paschendale......................The newest member in the top 5; Emotional powerhouse off the underrated DOD album.
5 To Tame A Land..............The classic that gets better with age.

This is how it stands.....today.

5. When the wild wind blows
4. Phantom of the opera
3. Infinite dreams
2. No prayer for the dying
1. Rime of the ancient mariner

I can't really pick 5 tracks because they would change all the time, however "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" & "Hallowed Be Thy Name" would make the list most of the time I would think...

1. Revelations
2. Paschendale
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name
4. Powerslave
5. When the Wild Wind Blows

But this keeps changing (except for the first 2)

My favourite rockers

1. Fallen Angel
2. Judas Be My Guide
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Twilight Zone
5. New Frontier

I guess not very popular choices...

Five, in no particular order.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Paschendale
Infinite Dreams

Only ROTAM and HBTN are dead certain and ever-present in the top 5. I'd say there are about 30 songs that can occasionally visit the top 5. To mention a few: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Powerslave, Blood Brothers, Brave New World, Phantom of the Opera, To Tame A Land, Alexander the Great.

Pretty sure you'll have Infinite Dreams also in it constantly. ;)

My favourite rockers

1. Fallen Angel
2. Judas Be My Guide
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Twilight Zone
5. New Frontier

I guess not very popular choices...

I like Fallen Angel, Icarus and New Frontier can't say the same for the others but I like the originality most people pick the same songs as their top 5.

Currently and not necessarily in this order:

Ghost of The Navigator
Wasted Years
The Evil That Men Do
Fear of The Dark
Children Of The Damned

Top five is just cruel!

Back