Your Maiden blasphemy

Power metal and Thrash Metal are the two sub-genres of Heavy Metal I really love, the other stuff is dark for me.

I don't like death/doom/emo shit/screamo and similiar genres.

Power/thrash/heavy/progressive work really well for me.

Also, Public Enema Number One is one of my least favorite Maiden songs. (Not in the top 10 worst, but I don't like the song)

I don't really like that either. I kind of like some Symphonic Death Metal. And I have a few metalcore albums, but I can't listen to them with full attention. I have to be walking the lake or playing a video game or something to enjoy it. Although there are a few songs I really like that I'll go out of my way to listen to.

Feverdog said:
Seeing maiden on sunday for only second time.

I haven't seen them at all. :S

Mosh said:
I don't really like that either. I kind of like some Symphonic Death Metal. And I have a few metalcore albums, but I can't listen to them with full attention. I have to be walking the lake or playing a video game or something to enjoy it. Although there are a few songs I really like that I'll go out of my way to listen to.

Yeah, me too. I can listen to some song if it's catchy or has clean vocals, other than that, it's pretty nothing.

Clean vocals have nothing to do with it for me. But yea catchiness might be a factor. There are just songs here and there that I really like.

Mosh said:
Clean vocals have nothing to do with it for me. But yea catchiness might be a factor. There are just songs here and there that I really like.

Yeah, clean vocals really can't help much, but I can't stand growling. On the other hand, good melodies can save a song, too! IMO.

Feverdog said:
First time was year you were born.

That makes me wish I was born earlier. And in some other country...

It's not that I don't like my country, but 3/4 of the whole world never heard of it, and Maiden never came close to it. :(

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to get people to go listen and become fans. I just want to express what I consider to be a good metalcore song.

Yes, I know you're just sharing you're opinions and likings on this forum.

Just started it, waiting for it to buffer...

EDIT: The music is really good, reminds me of Megedeth & a little Dream Theater. Even if I can't understand a word he says, I'm still able to enjoy the music. This song would have been a kick-ass instrumental!

I heard he stopped growling, due to throat infections.

No. The plan was the first album would be all growling. The second would be half growling and half singing. And after that no more growling. On 2 recent songs he's brought it back but only in choruses.

I don't know. I became a a fan around 2005 when he stopped. So it wasn't until I checked out those two albums before I knew he growled in the first place. If you look at the comments you'll see that many people don't like the new stuff which makes sense. They went for a mainstream metal sound after the success of Bat Country and that's where they are now.

Not a big metalcore fan, I have a friend who's been trying to get me into A7X. Some of there stuff is ok.

Back