Your Listening Arrangement for Book of Souls

Just had a minor heart attack as I called up my go-to CD stockist, asked when they'd be getting BoS and was absolutely mortified when they said they wouldn't be stocking the album AT ALL, according to their system.
Had this situation remained, I probably would have caved and listened to the leak.

Luckily, they called me back and said there was a system error and they would in fact, stock it on Friday.

I plan to go pick up the deluxe edition as the store opens, drive home, jam it as loud as possible then go for a long drive and jam it even louder.
With all the different opinions and views I have read, I don't know what to expect, which is ideal.

Well... seeing that I've taken the day off work, I will take my daughter to school and then drop by and pick up the CD from my local shop and then by the time I get home and listen to it it will be about 10am on Friday morning.

Will just sit back on the couch in my music room and crank it because no one else will be at home and the neighbours will all be at work/school. :rocker:

I listen through a PS Audio/McIntosh/Zu Audio stereo setup I have built up over the last few years so will be a treat to listen to the first new Maiden album since finally reaching my own Hi-Fi nirvana!

Will listen to the album on headphones once the family gets home later on, so I don't bug them but also to hear some of the subtle things in the mix which is always nice.

The plan:
Drop the kids off to school. Find the CD waiting on the doormat. Out-of-office on. Brew a coffee, headphones on, in the stereo, eyes closed.

The reality so far:
The shower has sprung a leak. Replacement part is due to be delivered Friday. I'll need to listen out for the delivery. Then I'll need to get the plumber in.

Hope the plumber likes Maiden.

I'm planning to listen to the new album with my five-and-a-half-month-old son.
My wife has not yet approved this listening arrangement.

I've listened to the leak 6 times, a few times on my ATH-M50 headphones on my PC with an el cheapo DAC, and a few times through my mid-fi stereo, all 70s and 80s components. For 192kbps it surprisingly sounds great! I'm super excited for my vinyl and cd to show up and have many real listening sessions on both headphones and speakers. And of course a couple beers and puffs ;) always enriches the enjoyment of music for me!

I'm planning to listen to the new album with my five-and-a-half-month-old son.
My wife has not yet approved this listening arrangement.

In the end, my wife even joined us for two-thirds of disc one. Five-month Reuben particularly enjoyed "The Red and the Black".

Back