Your Listening Arrangement for Book of Souls

I'll be listening to the album alone on Friday and do a listening session with a fellow Maiden fan on Saturday.
Equipment I'll be listening on: Yamaha A-S2100 amp, CD-S2100 and B&W CDM7 NT.

I'm surprised by the number of people that need to be "buzzed" to enjoy an album.

@nuno_c
@Freddie_the_head
29519.jpg

Same Eddie. Remedy this immediately! :p

I will forget about it, go to the pub after work on the Friday, be busy all Saturday and most of Sunday. So I'll listen to it on headphones, standing up (this part is important), on the Sunday evening. Or if I've gone out for dinner, replace Sunday with Tuesday.
... So many questions...

Probably the same ritual I've had for the last 4 Maiden albums.

I have taken the day off of work. I'll wake up and go to the local record store and wait impatiently for them to open (no downloads for me, no thanks). Run in, grab a copy, pay and rush back home.

Get home, throw the CD in, plug in the headphones and have booklet in hand to follow along. I'll probably treat my first listen of Book of Souls as CD1 and CD2 and take a break midway through.

After the first go through I'll probably do the whole 'in the dark staring off into space' thing.

Since this is thankfully out on a long weekend for us here in the US I'll probably get a good 20 listens in over the weekend. Can't wait!

After (or before!) Bruce guides me through the studio where it was recorded (preceded by a trip on a plane, flown by Bruce) I'll experience the most special album listening session ever.

I'll smoke a joint and listen to my friend's MP3s since I'm probably not getting the deluxe edition on time (I'm from Costa Rica).

First I'm currently listening to all my Maiden vinyl as a pre-release date ritual,
and later when I get the new album I will probably listen to it on my laptop, with my AKG K271 Headphones.

Similar to Donner above, I too have taken the 4th off and plan to be at my local record store upon opening. I'll race home, tear of that shrinkwrap and get ready for the awesomeness that awaits. First disc 1 then take a break, do some chores and whatnot then go back for disc 2. Repeat all day long.

Since some are posting equipment, I'll add: Arcam 7 CD player -> Musical Fidelity DAC -> iFi Micro headphone amp -> Grado 125s.

My desk, I have some bose speakers. I will also probably have a glass of water whilst listening to it.

I'm kind of planning the listening arrangement to the very last detail now,

I'm working extra hours at work this week to cover for a colleague, therefore - I should be able to have a day off work next week fingers crossed so the plan is to take next Friday off (September 4th).

September 4th - 09:00AM - wake up, shower, get dressed.

Drive into town to most likely HMV for around 10:30AM to pick up my copy of the new album... and also grab some Iron Maiden beer for the following evening.

Race home for 11:00AM and whack it in the HiFi and spend the next 92 minutes listening to it, and then most likely listen to it again from start to finish.

Fast forward to around 16:00PM - crack open the Iron Maiden beers while listening to the album once again :)

Liam.

My job suck and from what I know - 4th is day of business meetings and travels sooo… I will buy album in the morning, then try rip it on my laptop during meeting and copy on my phone. Then I'll be able to listen to in train. Not perfect solution but that's something.

1. Younger brother will go to the shop to bring me few beers while i download and make my room quiet for new album.

2. Bring girlfriend, mom and brother to room with me.

3. Put the speakers at around 70% (100% would make noises and i want to ENJOY).

4. Listen to album ONCE fully with them.

5. Listen to album 'till the next album.

P.S. My golden rule is NOT TO BE DRUNK for Maiden new albums or Maiden show. Just 1-2 beers for enjoying! :)

Back