Your first maiden tape/vinyl/CD/whatever and collection...

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7164

Mine was a compilation tape, school friend recorded three songs from the 4 golden-lineup albums each.

Afterwards, i got me tapes of each of those albums, and No Prayer For The Dying. Then, again a compilation tape of mixed LAD/Real Live One. Then bought copied CDs of Iron Maiden/Killers, and original TNOTB+Bonus Disc (Twilight Zone/Remember Tommorow(notorius Japa...khm Italian performance)). Bought Maiden England and First Ten Years VHS tapes. Sometime in 1999, started collecting original enhanced CDs. Bought Somewhere In Time first, then SSOASS, then Powerslave and Piece Of Mind. Also, acquired vinyls of No Prayer and Live After Death. Got Fear Of The Dark, Virtual XI and X Factor on MP3s. Bought BNW CD, and Rock In Rio DVD. Haven't bought Dance Of Death, but i have bought Death On The Road DVDs. Bought AMOLAD. Bought Live After Death DVD.

Everything else i have in digital format, and it was downloaded. The hunger for Maiden is bigger than my paycheck (well it was back in highschool/college). Nowadays i'm trying to buy official stuff as much as i can, i needed to re-purchase original enhanced CDs that i owned because all of 'em were lent and never returned.

Also, i have 50GB worth of Maiden bootlegs. I'm not a collector, i only download interesting/rare/quality stuff. Started doing that a year ago. Somewhere Back In Time wall poster. Wait, i have a small "Killers" badge lying somewhere too...and a "Maiden England" t-shirt that i wear around the house.

@Zare, better look at/use this collection topic - most people have thrown in their collections, some of them are pretty detailed. The bulk of mine is on page 4.

If you rather want to focus on chronology, you can go here: What was the first Maiden album you bought?

I'll copy (a part of) my story here:
-----------

... In 1991 I bought the Live After Death LP-set (2nd hand of course), plus the Sanctuary 12" vinyl single, which I chose because Prowler was the b-side on it. Perhaps I bought the single before LAD, or even both at the same time, can't remember :--/

I bought these items after having heard a recorded cassette of the Iron Maiden album. I have never been so addicted to new music after hearing this stuff in my walkman. I was completely in another world. The only hard rock I knew and appreciated before that was some Queen (I Want It All), Guns'n'Roses (Appetite For Destruction), Kiss (Alive II) and even Bon Jovi (You Give Love A Bad Name in particular)

After LAD I bought two videos: 12 Wasted Years and The First Ten Years

First bought studio albums (also in 1991): Two at the same time: Somewhere in Time & Piece of Mind. I just HAD to buy SIT, because I was totally mesmerized by the fragment of Caught Somewhere in Time that I knew from 12 Wasted Years.

Before I bought my first studio albums, I already knew Killers, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (which I both borrowed from a classmate) and the before mentioned debut album.

After this, all went very fast and I purchased all Maiden albums before I witnessed Iron Maiden for the first time ever in concert, 2 September 1992. It was my first concert experience. From that gig, Can I Play With Madness landed on A Real Live One ! ...

Back