Your favourite Sabbath studio album with Bill Ward?

What is your favourite Black Sabbath studio album with Bill Ward?

• Black Sabbath (1970)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Paranoid (1970)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Master of Reality (1971)

• Vol. 4 (1972)

• Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Sabotage (1975)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Technical Ecstasy (1976)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Say Die! (1978)

• Heaven and Hell (1980)

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Born Again (1983)

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
A tiny tribute to Bill Ward who made more albums with Sabbath than Ozzy did.

Which one do you like best? I went for Vol. 4 but Sabotage, Heaven and Hell and Master of Reality came pretty close.

Most albums contain super tracks but on Vol. 4 there are hardly less good moments to be found. The "thrill of it all" was decisive. :)

It certainly has some of Ward's most dominant (very energetic) drumming from the whole discography.

Tough to choose, all of the first five albums and Heaven and Hell rock. My vote goes to the debut album, the title track has one of my favourite riffs of all time, very simple but effective and very very dark.

Heaven and Hell, beyond a shade of doubt.

My fave Sabbath album is Never Say Die!, but if it's for Bill's performance I'd have to say it is Vol 4.

Heaven and Hell for me, with Born Again, Paranoid, and Master of Reality coming close.

I like best 'Vol.4' ('Supernaut', 'Wheels Of Confusion', 'Changes', 'Snowblind') with 'Sabotage' ('Hole In The Sky', 'The Thrill Of It All', 'Symptom Of The Universe') close behind.

Just seen this thread. Heaven and Hell for me of course.

Also to add, I appreciate the sentiment that from a direct perspective - Ward has made more than Ozzy so its ridiculous he gets screwed over (well, it is regardless) but sadly, the way of the world is that the singer, and especially frontman, tends to be more linked to a band in peoples memories than a drummer would ever be for any band and will therefore tend to be more 'important' to a reunion, so I can see the direction they are coming from.... I agree it still doesn't make it right though.

Paranoid and Heaven And Hell may be their most iconic albums from both eras but Sbbath Bloody Sabbath is pure perfection: the title track, National Acrobat, Killing Yourself To Live, Who Are You; SPiral Architect... wow! My favourite Sabbath Album with no doubt (among lots of great records)

Back