Your favourite and least favourite chorus?

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
As we all know, a good chorus can be the icing on the cake in an already good song - or it can ruin an otherwise good song completely. I'm sure you have a favourite chorus by Maiden, and I'm also sure everyone on here has a few he (or she) doesn't like at all.

Some good ones, just from the top of my head: Aces High, Powerslave, Moonchild, Run Silent Run Deep, Dream of Mirrors (I only dream in black and white ...). Yeah, and The Clansman (sometimes simplicity does it)

Some I don't like very much: The Angel and the Gambler, The Assassin, From Here To Eternity.

I quote Kynisk Sokol for truth:

Kynisk Sokol said:
I choose The Assassin. Better watch out for that awful chorus.

Say maximum five in each category? Which means I should leave one out - and then I'll leave The Clansman out. Great song, but when talking choruses I like the others better.

Best: Aces High, Caught Somewhere in Time...

Worst: The Angel and the Gambler, Tailgunner

The Angel and the Gambler would be an OUTSTANDING song, if there isn't "Don't you think I'm the saviour, Don't you think I can save you, Don't you think I can save your life" 25 times.

Alright, first the 5 best ones (I have no clue yet about the 5 worst):  

1. Sea Of Madness
2. Only The Good Die Young
3. The Evil That Men Do
4. Wasted Years
5. Children Of The Damned

Difficult choices.  The worst ones are fairly easy to name, but the best ones are almost impossible.  For worst I tried to include the most annoying ones.  For best, I chose ones which affect me more than just in a sing-along way.  Aces High, Run to the Hills, etc. are good live because of their great choruses, but the best ones go beyond that.

Worst:
1. Chains of Misery
2. The Angel and the Gambler
3. Hooks in You
4. The Assassin
5. Quest for Fire

Best:
1. Fear of the Dark
2. Paschendale
3. The Clansman
4. Brighter than a Thousand Suns
5. Lord of the Flies (only when sung by Bruce).  Otherwise: The Evil that Men Do

Best :

Only The Good Die Young
Sea Of Madness
Caught Somewhere In Time

Worst :

The Apparition
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Prodigal Son

I'll think of the top and bottom 5 later but for now I just want to say that The Longest Day has a disappointing chorus to me. I don't think it sucks but it doesn't fit the rest of the song. They could have tried a little harder on that one. It takes a 5 star song and makes it a 4.9.

Favourite choruses (in no particular order):

Wasted Years
The Educated Fool
Two Minutes To Midnight
Different World
Lord Of The Flies
Flash Of The Blade

Least Favourite choruses (in no particular order):

Back In The Village
Sea Of Madness

There's not that many choruses I don't like...

The four that entered my mind (as the best) were:
Different World
Dream of Mirrors
Aces High
& Paschendale. <3

I'll think of the other six later. ;)

I can't belive I am proclaming this out lout on Iron Maiden fans forum, but I never could really figure out what's the chorus on BTaTS.

:ninja: *Waits to be punished*

pilau said:
I can't belive I am proclaming this out lout on Iron Maiden fans forum, but I never could really figure out what's the chorus on BTaTS.

:ninja: *Waits to be punished*

I'd say the chorus is the part that starts off with "out of the universe."

But some may argue that it's, "Out of the darkness / Brighter than a thousand suns."

I like my idea better. :)

Some Best :
Only The Good Die Young
The Evil That Men Do
The Ghost of the Navigator

Some Worst :

Clansman
No More Lies

Zare said:
Nor does Prodigial Son  :D

You rule Zare  :D
Be praised

I would say Dance of Death has best chorus, but well...

Best: Fear of the Dark
Worst: Educated Fool - this is really good song, but the chorus is sooo dull

Back