You know what would be REALLY sweet for Maiden's concerts?

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
A huge video screen on the stage like Rush had for their last tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XnEVmXe14g But on the screen, have animated videos with Eddie in them! That would be so much cooler than the backdrops! They wouldn't have to use it for every song because that would be overkill, but for at least half of them. The videos, of course, could be about the songs. What do you think?

Nah.  I don't like it when bands go overboard on a video show.  I came to see the band; large screens with camera close ups is just perfect, imo.

GuineaPig said:
Nah.  I don't like it when bands go overboard on a video show.  I came to see the band; large screens with camera close ups is just perfect, imo.
I didn't say they should go overboard. They should do it for maybe half of the songs. Rush uses video for almost their entire show. Some of it is close ups of them and some is music videos and such and I think it adds a LOT to the performance. Then again, Rush doesn't put as much energy into their onstage performance as Maiden does. Still, I would love to see some of it at a Maiden show. Even if it was less than half. Maybe 4 or 5 songs.
Another thought: maybe they don't have to be for the entire songs. Or have small clips between songs leading up to the next song. Just some animated videos of some kind with Eddie in them would be sweet.
42 views an no one else has any input on this?

The only two times I've ever seen a show and loved the media on stage was for Beck in 2007 and Tool in 2009. Both of those bands have always had incredible media on stage, though, so it's to be expected.

I don't think a screen it's a good ideea, you can recognize Maiden everywhere if you see that backdrops, they are unique.
Imagine instead the big Mummy from Powerslave, you see Eddi on a screen and nothing more  :uhm:

rokyronnie said:
I don't think a screen it's a good ideea, you can recognize Maiden everywhere if you see that backdrops, they are unique.
Imagine instead the big Mummy from Powerslave, you see Eddi on a screen and nothing more  :uhm:
I didn't say to drop the Eddie that comes out during the song Iron Maiden.

Man you really love starting topics, don't you...

I don't know about tour expenses and such, but I'd imagine the video screen idea would be more cost effective in the long run, what with not having to pay someone to create a huge backdrop and all each time the band goes on tour to support a new album. Backdrops are big, probably quite heavy and take up space, where as images that may be shown on a jumbo screen can be stored on a microchip or something.

One possible downside... depending on whate make/model screen, it could possibly be a delicate piece of equipment, easily damaged. A crack in a jumbo screen is more costly to repair than a rip or tear in a backdrop canvas (are they made of canvas?)

Groteskfull said:
Man you really love starting topics, don't you...

I don't know about tour expenses and such, but I'd imagine the video screen idea would be more cost effective in the long run, what with not having to pay someone to create a huge backdrop and all each time the band goes on tour to support a new album. Backdrops are big, probably quite heavy and take up space, where as images that may be shown on a jumbo screen can be stored on a microchip or something.

One possible downside... depending on whate make/model screen, it could possibly be a delicate piece of equipment, easily damaged. A crack in a jumbo screen is more costly to repair than a rip or tear in a backdrop canvas (are they made of canvas?)
Hell yes I love starting topics! Especially in a forum that doesn't get a lot of action and moves a bit slow.

Oh, I would imagine a huge high def. screen would be quite a bit more costly than some backdrops. Especially with the 2nd point that you  make. Still, Maiden would have no problem affording it since they've sold twice as many albums as Rush has.

Back