www.marauderband.com

A word from your moderator:

In my view, this comes very close to pure advertising. If you want to introduce us to your band, that's fine, but it would be nice if you could actually tell us a little about it. Just posting a link out of the blue comes across lazy, crass self-promotion to me. I'm leaving it open for now, but I'm not impressed.

Now let me think here. This is the Musician's Discussion forum, right? And I'm a musician, right? Very well. Allow me to discuss this "Marauder" band.

Apparently, they are adequately competent performers of blues-rock material. Which means they don't suck, but they also don't stand apart from the thousands of other adequately competent performers of blues-rock material.

In view of the fact that this is a metal website - and it only requires a perfunctory scan of our forum to perceive this - I must concur with Shadow. This is nothing but pointless advertisement, which does not really contribute to our community.

However, I'm in a generous mood today. So, having laid some criticism down on Marauder, allow me to show that it isn't necessarily easy to put together a competent cover band. In other words, it's time for a sample performance from my band.

Supergenius is:
SinisterMinisterX, lead vocals and bass
Don Campbell, guitar
Tom Collings, drums

The following clip was recorded with way, way, way too much signal going into the tape deck. It's so distorted that I sympathize with anyone who makes it all the way through the recording.

Recorded 29 May 2007: Stranger In A Strange Land

Back