Wrathchild

How good is Wrathchild on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
This one keeps you moving and I always look forward to Bruce's scream live. That scream is not present on this version but the tight drumming of Clive is. Some aggressive chops in the midpiece. I was always intrigued by the omission of Adrian's licks on Live After Death but Janick brought them back and they haven't been away ever since.

Yeah, excellent rocker. Absolutely great bass-line, a great (but overplayed) live track, plus with slightly mysterious lyrics. Paul delivers the song with one of his best ever performances. 9/10

10 out of 10... The first Maiden tune I ever heard... raw, angry, and aggressive. Steve's bass line and Di'anno's vocal performance sound almost threatening... still a big favorite after almost thirty years.

I don't understand how this song gets a ten...it's aggressive but IMO not that exciting live.  Great bassline though. 7.

Seeing this in 2010 reasserted my love for this song. It is great live and even though overplayed, It's a great song. 8/10

8/10 from me, too. One of my favorite Paul era songs. I specially like the bass.

Great song, maybe a little overplayed. Bruce sings it better, but Paul's version is also good. Solos are fantastic. 10/10.

EDIT: Ooooops, I accidentally clicked 5 instead of 10. Crap. I'll give 6 points to Innocent Exile instead of 1 to boost up my average rating.

Classic bass intro, nice little solos here and there, sing-along chorus.Overplayed or not this song rocks. 9/10

the only killers song breaking 8 for me, good bass... solid song and we can still hear it being played now good that this gem hasnt been lost.  :) 9/10

7/10

This is a strong song, but it's one that I do get sick of hearing. I think Maiden play it a lot because it's easy.

Back