Would You Like More Theatrics/pyro At Maiden Gigs?

spalec

Invader
So, do you think maiden should go for visual gigs, with crazy pyro and stage stunts, or should they just rely on the music? The DoD tour was very theatrical and I love it, and I just love the heavy metal theatre generated at big gigs, especially if the gig was expensive.

After seeing the DOTR concert, I was stunned. I loved those theatrical stunts! Although I think and hope that their next tour will be even more theatrical and, as you said, since I've paid quite some money, it might as well have something more than just music.

EDIT: I voted for "loads of more" meaning more costume changes etc. , I don't think guitar shooting sparks is something I'd enjoy that much. I'd prefer it to be moody rather than sparky.

First pictures from tour rehearsals have leaked!

media_file_545.jpg

::

I went for loads more. Might as well turn it into an entertainment show! But I wouldn't go so far as to have a lack of musicianship-maybe just loads of pyro and quite a few costumes. But eddie exploding....a must! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Adrian Smith pwns you all! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Quit the spamming Mav...
I voted for none at all because I would prefer the tour to be more about the fans and less about a "theatrical" performance. It all depends on what the album sounds like... if it is the next "X Factor", I don't think fireworks and exploding Eddies would work [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Wow. More Fire? I thought I was the one with the Beavis Avatar.

[!--QuoteBegin-Beavis+--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Beavis)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yeahhhhh! Fire! Firrre! Yeah! Kick his ass! Fire! Fire! Fire![/quote]

What they should have is a giant screen showing Adrian Smith's every movement. Even during the support band's sets.

[!--quoteo(post=134639:date=Apr 12 2006, 06:57 PM:name=Ascendancy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Apr 12 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]134639[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
What they should have is a giant screen showing Adrian Smith's every movement. Even during the support band's sets.
[/quote]
I think we see enough shit during the support acts as it is [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

"After seeing the DOTR concert, I was stunned. I loved those theatrical stunts!"

wha?? DOTR is one of the less expensive tours. there were NO pyros!

i think it doesnt seem if theres theatrical show or no. in wild crowd of maideniacs you cant see anything after all. donington 92, bratislava 93, zilina 95, paris 99+05, budapest 00+03, banska bystrica 00+03, prague... i was there but its going down and down by me. i felt totally disappointed after last gigs - and everything misery started in 92 i think. but it was the first time i saw maidens. its going even worse last years. no stage concept, no dramaturgy or choreography, just lot of sheets with painted eddie (except of DOTR!!! byut i really missed pyros). there are no more theatrical performances which brought fame for maiden. or am i going older?

so i prefer perfectly edited videos (no maiden england you know). maiden shows are something different about. its all about "weekend warrior" is. its great to be there but it looks very poor to me. those were the days of great shows with SSOASS, SIT & powerslave themes.

[!--quoteo(post=134624:date=Apr 12 2006, 05:55 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Apr 12 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]134624[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Quit the spamming Mav...
I voted for none at all because I would prefer the tour to be more about the fans and less about a "theatrical" performance. It all depends on what the album sounds like... if it is the next "X Factor", I don't think fireworks and exploding Eddies would work [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Pyros wouldn't work, but wouldn't you enjoy a theatrical Sign of the Cross? With Dickinson dressed as a medieval monk, and perhaps some sort of ritual performed on stage?

[!--quoteo(post=134694:date=Apr 13 2006, 09:38 AM:name=agdabavipain)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Apr 13 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]134694[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
"After seeing the DOTR concert, I was stunned. I loved those theatrical stunts!"

wha?? DOTR is one of the less expensive tours. there were NO pyros!

so i prefer perfectly edited videos (no maiden england you know). maiden shows are something different about. its all about "weekend warrior" is. its great to be there but it looks very poor to me. those were the days of great shows with SSOASS, SIT & powerslave themes.
[/quote]
First I didn't mention pyros on DOTR, I said theatrical stunts (Dickinson's dance of death performance for example). And I agree that it is kinda poor these days, and a show along the lines of SSOASS and Powerslave would be great [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=134711:date=Apr 13 2006, 02:41 PM:name=SneakySneaky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SneakySneaky @ Apr 13 2006, 02:41 PM) [snapback]134711[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
First I didn't mention pyros on DOTR, I said theatrical stunts...
[/quote]

sorry for that
in 84, 86, 88 stage set had a its concept. there was no useless eddie
nowodays its all about static eddies paintings

Back