Worst cover ever...

A

Anonymous

I'm sure you all know this, and I bet this has been here before, but in order to wake up the Commentary again, here goes.
Isn't this just the worst cover you've ever seen? It's not so much the unimaginativeness that disturbs me as much as the fact that this picture looks plain horrible! Aakk! I hate this cover!

[img src=\'http://www.coverportal.de/cover/audio/s/sod_bigger_than_the_devil_a.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

It reminds me of some other cover, but I can't tell which one... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 18 2004, 07:20 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 18 2004, 07:20 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] It reminds me of some other cover, but I can't tell which one...  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Powerslave? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nah, look at the way the arm is stretched out, that's Fear Of The Dark, for certain!

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jul 18 2004, 01:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jul 18 2004, 01:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I'm sure you all know this, and I bet this has been here before, but in order to wake up the Commentary again, here goes.
Isn't this just the worst cover you've ever seen? It's not so much the unimaginativeness that disturbs me as much as the fact that this picture looks plain horrible! Aakk! I hate this cover!

[img src=\'http://www.coverportal.de/cover/audio/s/sod_bigger_than_the_devil_a.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /] [/quote]
I hate this cover
one of my friends has a t-shirt with this cover and he wears it almost every day!!!
it really disturbs me when i see it.

great cover! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Black Ace, I do not condemn the fact that they actually are ripping off Maiden's cover. If these guys are too unimaginative to have their own covers, that's their problem. Of course, it's a Maiden tribute, but there are other, more subtle and better ways of doing so. What disturbs me about it is:

-It's ugly. It's not just a bad adaption of the NOTB cover, it simply is ugly.
-I see it more frequently in record stores than NOTB
-Kids who buy this are inclined to think it's original, and might even start thinking NOTB was the rip-off
-I can't do anything about it!

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Aug 5 2004, 11:14 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Aug 5 2004, 11:14 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]-Kids who buy this are inclined to think it's original, and might even start thinking NOTB was the rip-off
[snapback]81551[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well I guess most of the kids don´t even know what NOTB is.

[!--QuoteBegin-German Eddie+Sep 3 2004, 05:29 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(German Eddie @ Sep 3 2004, 05:29 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well I guess most of the kids don´t even know what NOTB is.
[snapback]85635[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah out of all my friends im the only kid that listen to iron maiden and if some of my friend listen to metal they say something like slipknot.Gets me mad but hey Im listening to the goodness of maiden and thier not,better for me.

err... do you guys know who SOD are!? They're NOT a Nu Metal band - and well, it might be ugly, but I think it's a cool tribute to Maiden, and no "hip" kid would ever buy a SOD record.

The band Stormtroopers of Death (SOD) is an American band out of New York. Scott Ian, guitarist in the metal band Anthrax, is a member. SOD is not a "trendy" band.

They should have place the "stormtrooper" behind Eddy, ruling him like a puppet. Exactly the same cover as The Number Of The Beast, in fact, but with their stormtrooper. This way, the cover has been cool (at least just for me [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]), like if the "photographer" has moved a little back from the original "photo".

I hope you'll understand me, sorry my english is so bad... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

well, how about this
[img src=\'http://www.agdabavipain.szm.sk/pop/pokondr-1.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]
its a stupid czech called "tezkej pokondr" group making cover versions of classic hits like abba, boney m and so

Don't search so far....
THIS is the WORST cover ever
[img src=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/pictures/pictures10_xfactor/album10_xfactor_a_small.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Well done The_7th_Son [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ah thank you *bows* [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The word you guys are looking for is Parody.

Ever read ANY SOD lyrics?

First off , All of S.O.D's covers are deliberately humourous...Scott and Charlie are huge Maiden fans and its simply a joke cover....like someone said , they did a parody of "Appetite" as well.
The artwork itself isnt all that rgeat...PC cut and paste mostly , but its better than some crap I've seen out there lately , and I agree with tehriahn , that has to be the worst cover to the worst CD Maiden ever put out...

"Blaze".......c'mon....I bet his real name is Cecil or something...lol

Back