Worldwide Nuclear Assault

Shaman

Ancient Mariner
Press Release

The heralded and heavily anticipated return of the most gifted thrash metal giants thrusts into high gear, when the original lineup of New York's NUCLEAR ASSAULT initiates a world tour throughout the year to support the upcoming 'Alive Again' live album for Screaming Ferret Wreckords/SPV (release date is July 1st).

The band's lineup, consisting of vocalist/guitarist John Connelly, bassist Danny Lilker, guitarist Anthony Bramante, and drummer Glenn Evans made their presence known throughout 2002 on select performances & festival dates around the world in an effort to 'test the waters' - if the world was ready for their unique, dexterous yet uncompromising metal. The result set the wheels in motion for the upcoming all-out assault! In August, Bramante bowed out due to the commitments of his job and was replaced by the more than capable Erik Burke. Lilker comments on the upcoming tour: \"It's gonna be great to finally tour again! People seem totally psyched that they will get to see us in the flesh again. We hope to see all diehard metalheads banging and moshing in the front...\"

Formed in 1984 by Danny Lilker (who has also been a founding member of Anthrax, S.O.D., Brutal Truth, among others), NUCLEAR ASSAULT enjoyed a ten-year career that spawned 6 studio albums & EPs and a host of world tours. While emitting a dark sense of humor, the band's catalogue acknowledged the gamut of social concerns, from political tyranny and environmental devastation to capitalistic excess and basic human apathy. Their 1989 opus 'Handle With Care' garnered much critical-acclaim, while its singles \"Critical Mass\" and \"Trail Of Tears\" received generous MTV airplay.

The forthcoming 'Alive Again' live album represents NUCLEAR ASSAULT's first release in over 9 years. Lilker explains: \"We will soon be releasing our new live album, so people can see for themselves that we still have it! I know a lot of thrash bands seem to be reuniting and some people are wondering 'Can these guys in their late 30's still hack it?' The answer is undoubtedly yes!\"

The disc contains the following tracks:

Rise From The Ashes Betrayal
Brainwashed Radiation Sickness
F# Game Over
New Song Butt F**k
Critical Mass Trail Of Tears
Sin Hang The Pope

'Alive Again' is rounded out with enhanced live video performances as well as interview segments.

Not content to keep the reunion to a mere commemorative or nostalgic event, NUCLEAR ASSAULT is also planning a new studio record for the near future! Danny Lilker offers a sneak preview of what can be expected: \"We are in the process of writing new material, and I can tell you that it's definitely in the style of the old stuff. Once again speaking for myself, I think the metal scene NEEDS an injection of classic thrash metal 'cos I've had enough of people thinking Linkin Park is metal. We'll have to show these youngsters how metal is really played!\"

Tour dates include:

Friday, May 16 Cleveland, OH Agora Theatre
Saturday, May 17 Lansing, MI JJ Kelley's
Sunday, May 18 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
Friday, July 11 New York, NY Don Hill's
Saturday, July 12 Clifton, NJ Connections
Sunday, July 13 Buffalo, NY The Showplace

That will be a tour to check out. I hope they tour in Vegas. Lilker is a great bassist and anything he records on always seems to kick ass (Nuclear Assault, S.O.D. and the first Anthrax record are amazing). I'm looking forward to seeing them if their out this way.

where is the date for dallas [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Saturday, January 25th Dallas, TX Canyon Club

They don't have a date in Las Vegas yet which is no suprise to me since nobody seems to be touring in Vegas this year.

Don't complain that much. You only have to travel to another city. I have to go to another country! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah but Vegas is such a big city you'd think that bands would jump at the chance to play their. The only show that was coming out here was the Metal Gods Tour and that was cancelled. Dream Theater & Queensryche aren't playing Vegas but I'll definetly be trying to get to that one.

Queensryche & Dream Theater is gonna be great. Vegas gets so many great shows because they got about 30 venues that bands can play. I remember being on the Strip a few months ago and you had metalheads and Phish fans all over. Weird mix. We all know who would win in that fight though.

That fights are funny. Once in a festival, there was a rap-hiphop zone, and a Metal zone. Guess what happened...

Most likely all the Metalheads won. Unless the rap bitches had weapons (which they usually do because they can't beat anyones ass fair and square)

The fuckers had weapons, but we kicked their sorry asses anyway.

Typical rap fans. They can't beat anyone's ass so they cheat and then they still lose.

Yeah, they get all tangled up in that super-huge clothes they use. That's when you crash a bottle over their head.
If they cheat, I cheat.

Sounds far to me. They deserve it. [!--emo&:kickyourass:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/boxing_smiley[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'boxing_smiley[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back