World Cup of Maidenfans 2.0

mckindog

Living for Sanctuary from the law
Staff member
A few years ago I hosted the World Cup of Maidenfans — a competition to determine the second-best band in the world. Eighty bands faced off in a three-part competition for the right to sit at Eddie’s right hand

I will be launching the second edition of this game later this week and need your help in order to prepare.

What follows is a list of acts that were in it last time.
Please reply with any new bands you'd like to see included in this year's edition

AC/DC
Accept
Aerosmith
Amorphis
Alice Cooper
Alice In Chains
Amon Amarth
Anthrax

Avantasia
Avenged Sevenfold
The Beatles
Black Sabbath
Blind Guardian
Blue Oyster Cult
Candlemass
Chickenfoot

Children of Bodom
Deep Purple
Dio
Dire Straits
Dokken
Dream Theatre
Edguy
Extreme

Foo Fighters
Gamma Ray
Gary Moore
Genesis
Guns and Roses
Hammerfall
Helloween
Iced Earth

Jethro Tull
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Satriani
Journey
Judas Priest
King Diamond
Kiss
Kreator

Led Zeppelin
Manowar
Mastodon
Metallica
Megadeth
Michael Schenker
Motley Crue
Motorhead

Opeth
Ozzy Osbourne
Pantera
Pearl Jam
Pink Floyd
Queen
Queensryche
Rainbow

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rolling Stones
Rush
Sabaton
Savatage
Saxon
Scorpions
Slayer

Soundgarden
Steve Vai
Stratovarius
Symphony X
Testament
Thin Lizzy
UFO
Uriah Heep

Van Halen
Venom
The Who
Whitesnake
Y&T
Yngwie Malmsteen
Yes
ZZ Top

Buckethead, Alter Bridge, Coheed and Cambria, and Death are four that I would like to see added.

Some other bands who should be in that list, are: Carcass, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Cathedral, Death Angel, Faith No More, Mercyful Fate, Hell, Overkill, Primal Fear, Sepultura, Sodom, and W.A.S.P.

There was a time when I listened to every CC track out there. A few are very good, the rest is the same song over and over again imo.

Sodom!

I'd like to suggest Wishbone Ash.
+ 1

Also we could do Carcass.

edit:
I also am interested in Primal Fear! Their debut album is excellent, but also some later albums.

I like Iron Savior even more but I don't think many others know them well (or like them).
(I am planning to introduce this band to Saap one of these days, because I think it could fit his taste)

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're "crap" as bits and pieces of In Flames part II are quite enjoyable while not being particularly interesting. They have three brilliant albums in 'The Jester Race', 'Whoracle' and 'Clayman' with 'Lunar Strain' and 'Colony' being ok.

Back