1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'women In Uniform'

Discussion in 'Iron Maiden' started by Anonymous, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Sloane Stone

Sloane Stone Prowler

Finally! Fuch yeah me too! The guitars are completely different. They hold out longer between changes. The drums are different. And it's clearly a different vocal take. No amount of compression could affect a vocal take in such a drastic way. It's a completely different take.

2. Sloane Stone

Sloane Stone Prowler

The negative comments made me second guess myself. My first purest impression was that it was an alternate take. Never again will I let naysayers influence what I know to be true. Now that I've accomplished my dream and have overcome my insecurities I feel I could take on the universe and unravel the secrets of the pyramids. And I'm gonna be jammin' powerslave while I do it.

3. Sloane Stone

Sloane Stone Prowler

Now I've just gotta hunt down an original pressing to hear what take they used.

Gk1 likes this.
  4. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

Negative? stannar_kvar and I only said it was "hard to tell". We didn't say you were wrong, and we explained our thinking a bit. I certainly didn't mean to be negative. It's a discussion forum; disagreement happens, and is not negative by itself.

Bombusbombus likes this.
  5. Sloane Stone

Sloane Stone Prowler

just playing around a little. No intentions to offend, my apologies.

6. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

I like this song, but never heard the original. Cool chorus and lyrics, a bit tame verses and a funny music video.

7/10

7. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Live version by the original band: Palais Theatre, July 1978:

8. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

My impression of this song must've been different the first time I heard it. Chorus is good, and the video is great, but I'm not as impressed with this song as I once was. 6/10