why the forums are slow today

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
Methinks all the extra traffic generated by the Ozzfest Incident has slowed down the forums to the point of me getting frustrated.

I got this message when trying to play with Peter Purvis:
[img src=\'http://axe.acadiau.ca/~058176m/desktop.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Aug 24 2005, 06:53 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Aug 24 2005, 06:53 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I got this message when trying to play with Peter Purvis
[snapback]116531[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Ok... that was weird [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, actually I got this same message after sending a PM, and after opening a couple of pages in the forum... [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
BTW, how's Megg doing ? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It appears what you were experiencing was the slow painful death of our old server. See the news page [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back