Why I own the Black Album

Well, Symphony Of Destruction got a fair bit of airplay on MTV when CtE was released. That whole 'they we in Metallica's shadow thing is no excuse.'

In re-reading this thread thanks to SMX's redirection I must say I wrote better threads back in the day lol.

Also I have to say I cannot believe I never said anything about the Megadeth hatin' up in herrrrr. People didn't give Megadeth crap because megadeth never said, "We'll never make a music video" and then make one. "We'll never cut our hair," and then cut it. "We'll never make a movie soundtrack," and eventually make  one. Metallica are/were seen as sellouts, because of the hole they boxed themselves in. Had they kept their mouth's shut about how "metal" and tough they were, maybe they wouldn't have gotten as much shit. And as if it matters, they are still the largest Metal act in the world (arguably).

Again, Megadeth never did that, they were open to change and new things, writing songs for several movies and video games and willing to take RISKs (sorry had to do it :p). THAT is why they didn't get shit, not because they were under Metallica's Shadow... That's bullshit.

Back