1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did Steve Harris fire Clive Burr ?

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by johnglen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I have said it before and would say it again. I got this information right from someone who has had access to a copy of the death certificate. According to the information, it seems that Ronald Ernest Bertram Burr died on Christmas day - 25 Dec 1982 in the East Ham Memorial Hospital Forest Gate, and Clive, his son, was the informant.

There is no way the death date is wrong. ;)

2. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

So, Clive was doing daily coke. The others didn't like it, I guess Harris primarily, and he was approached multiple times, failed to quit the habit, and laid off. Although Clive's playing wasn't affected, vague statements about partying and Bruce's comments of him playing slower than usual, etc. were given as a method of concealing the cocaine subject and make it sound more like the usual booze. Clive could only deny that he was playing badly, he couldn't deny the 'going out part', and say they're full of bullshit cause Harris wants to play with McBrain, then the full truth would come out immediately. The story about his fathers death comes from a recent interview, a long long time after these events happened, we can attribute it to distorted memory easily.

3. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Educated Fool

Found this old interview ;)

chocolate brownie likes this.
  4. saw an interview with Bernie Torme where he says Clive put his money up his nose

5. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

6. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Educated Fool

Ahhhh...... great minds think alike then ;)

7. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Some just think faster.

Welsh Phantom likes this.