Who shares in the blame?

I grew up about 15 minutes from Fred Phelps' house/church in Topeka, Kansas.  (Hence my nickname.)  The neighborhood of Westboro, where Phelps' eyesore of a church is located, is a beautiful community, with lots of old mansions.  Even among the very conservative residents of the community, Phelps and his followers are a civic embarassment.  Unlike the rest of the world, who are subjected to Phelps once or twice a year, the local folks have to endure his diatribes regularly.  You can't drive to the market without passing a small group of his followers holding picket signs.  The most bizarre and confusing sign I have seen reads, "God = Anus".  Even given the obvious assumption that it is an anti-gay sign, I haven't the slightest idea what that is supposed to mean. 

Yes, and I agree that this guy gets way too much attention. I mentioned what I am sure will happen at his funeral, but I hope it is nothing. Nothing at all. That, IMO, would be the ultimate FU to send him off.

cornfedhick said:
"God = Anus".  Even given the obvious assumption that it is an anti-gay sign, I haven't the slightest idea what that is supposed to mean. 

That seems more of an anti-God slogan more than anything else lol. Though I think they are trying to say, in their very ignorant way, that your body is sacred and a "temple" and that includes your ass, and to "violate it" in such a way is "sinful"... Man that is a stretch (no pun intended :p), and the mental exercise of trying to think like these morons has drained me...

Back