Who keeps deleting my posts and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Tufnel

Ancient Mariner
            I am getting a little frustrated.I have made several posts since joining this group.I enjoy engaging in intelligent discussions about my favorite subjects in this forum.Could the Mod Squad enlighten me as to what is going on with my posts?I am trying to follow the guidlines set by the Newbie Thread.I don't try and flame anybody,I do'nt have any spoilers about the current tour.Is anybody else having the same issues with this forum? :uhm:

Oh, bollocks.
There have been some issues with vanishing posts (see help forum) though there could be another cause for this issue.  We'll be looking into it :)

I think what LooseCannon means is:

We don't know why your posts are disappearing, yet. LooseCannon and I have been discussing the matter, and it's not either of us who's doing it. Nor do we have any idea why another mod would delete your posts.

Until we find out what's going on here, please don't hold this against our fine forum. We'll try to figure this out.

NigelTufnel said:
            I am getting a little frustrated.

So am I, as you apparently don't read your PMs...

Maverick said:
Can you please watch your spelling and mostly your punctuation when you post on the forum? Commas and full stops, like all punctuation, have a space after them and before the next word.

In case of doubt, refer to the rules.

Thanks.

Got it now, clothbrain?  :huh:

I guess you guys got a gremlin in the works.Thanks for the quick response and explanations.By the way how do I access my PMs?I thought I might have said something that pissed someone off in one of my posts.I like this forum because it's a little bit more highbrow than others that are out there.I like the fact you guys set standards and expect others to abide by them. :D

This may very well be one of the last posts in this thread before its deletion, and possibly one of your last post, as your IQ obsiously doesn't allow you to even understand what people tell you.

Last advice: clean up your act or face the consequences...  <_<

NigelTufnel said:
By the way how do I access my PMs?

Near the top of the page - just under your avatar - is row of links that says "Home - Help - Search - etc."
One of those is "My Messages". That's your Private Message access.
When you have unread PMs, there will also be a number next to it e.g. "My Messages [1]".

Hey Mav..go ahead and make my day.I have l life outside this website so if you want to delete me go ahead.I just had some questions about posting and accessing my PM's.I was paying the Mods a compliment and you come out and insult my IQ?Are you mad because only 23 people were on the website today?I did not do anything to warrant your attitude.Like I said before delete my account.I did not curse you or badmouth you in anyway.I just had  simple question about an issue with the site and you respond with total hostility.But I am going to have my say.If you want to be a fascist,then by all means be what you are and do what you're going to do.But by flaming me ,are'nt you going against your own standards?I meant what I said about liking this forum for it having some standards.I wasn't being a wise ass.Having standards is not too common on the web.I know when you read this you will delete me,fine do it.So this is probably my last post here I am going to have my say.As you can tell by this post I have a pretty high IQ.It's been real and it's been good but I can't say it's been real good.Good luck keeping members with the nice attitude you have Maverick.I am sorry Goose died in the movie Top Gun,and that Ice Man won the Top Gun Award.Maybe you should get over it.Talk to me Goose.

Oh dear.  Now you've done it.  If you'd just put spaces after your periods and commas like a literate person, this would have been avoided.  Given that you purport to have a "high IQ," it really shouldn't be that difficult.  (End of snide comments.)  Seriously, though, it makes your posts difficult and unpleasant to read. 

SinisterMinisterX said:
Near the top of the page - just under your avatar - is row of links that says "Home - Help - Search - etc."
One of those is "My Messages". That's your Private Message access.
When you have unread PMs, there will also be a number next to it e.g. "My Messages [1]".
Thats not the case in the default forum layout. I've noticed that PM's are quite hidden away. On the front page of the forum at the bottom of the page there is a box with number of messages in and number of new messages. Clicking the number of messages will show your inbox.

It rained all night... started at 2am and barely stopped a little past 6... what a sad day.

It is sad. I am sorry if my incorrect punctuation has led to be personally insulted and threatened with consequences. I didn't see PM's
and didn't know how to access them because I am  new. I am not yet oriented to all of the features of the forum. When I was in Catholic school and the Sisters gave a crack on the hand with a yardstick, they at least told you why. On that note, my only bad grades were in penmanship, so at least I don't have to write anything here longhand. That would really be sad.

Don't worry too much about it. Plus here you are told why too, either by PMs or Mav being his usual cranky self. Regardless, once you get the hang of it the hostility of nerds worldwide will decrease maybe even cease.

LOL, do those exist anymore? :p Everywhere I go it's nothing but "whiteboards" and the usual washable markers that stink to high heaven

national acrobat said:
"Chalkboards" were called blackboards until the PC brigade came marching into town.

Which I always thought was funny.  The 'chalkboards' that we used in elementary/high-school were all green, however, most of the older teachers still called them 'blackboards'.

@Nigel, its all good, just hang in there! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back