Who did it better?

Di'Anno. All of the songs from the first two albums sound better to me when Paul sings them as opposed to Bruce's versions. Until Bruce and Adrian came back for BNW, I thought of the first two albums as the band's best.

I'll go as far to say that most of Bruce's versions of tunes from the first two albums make me cringe. Those are Paul's songs (vocally). Having said that, I saw Di'Anno live a few years ago, and it was pretty brutal... I was really bummed out.

I think Paul too. Except IMO Remember Tomorrow and Strange World would be better with Bruce.

I still haven't Bruce's version of Remember Tomorrow and Strange World, I'll have to get to that.

Paul. Like taker said I like Paul's singing on the first 2 albums more compared to Bruce's versions. I think he just fits that era better.

Paul generally does Paul songs much better. For me Killers and Remember Tomorrow are the most striking. Bruce just can't get the screams right in those songs.

Bruce's version of Another Life on Beast Over Hammersmith is fine. The problem is that it's just not a very good song.

That being said I would love to get my ears on some of those live headlining perfomances with Bruce on vocals prior to TNOTB.

This track is destroyed man, the whole thing is like 2 steps up and Bruce sounds like a school girl.

Hmm, I thought there'd be a poll to vote in...

(To a certain degree) I don't care who sings. People tend to go on and on about who's doing the vocals and which vocals are better... in the end "Twilight Zone" is a good song imo, all that matters to me.

Having said that, I like the album version better, because this audition take sounds like the key is a step up... sounds much like a tape being sped up.

@Mega, stupid question --is that you on Youtube (megadeoxys) with 666 total upload views?

Back