Which songs should be played live?

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I think there's a very good chance S15 will be the intro to the whole concert. Maiden could do something really creative with that. Maybe have a model spaceship on wires and have it fly in with Bruce in it when his vocal part comes in.
as cool as that would be it could very well  be an extreme Spinal Tap moment.

I always imagined that Bruce would be on part of the stage that juts out, and when time comes for his vocal part, they light him up, so he sorta appears out of nowhere.

I'd like to see Bruce in a spacesuit floating above the crowd like one of the skeleton space men on the album cover.  Tappish but quite cool.

I like Don Dokken's theory and predictions for the new setlist (see post about half dozen prior to this one) but I'd make a few slight changes to his set:

1 - Satellite 15....The Final Frontier (with possible spaceman/spaceship entrance)
2 - El Dorado (as per Dokken)
3 - Mother of Mercy - (as per Dokken) this song will be a highlight
4 - The Trooper (replacing Dokken's Wrathchild option)
5 - The Evil That Men Do (my own bold prediction)
6 - Isle of Avalon (as per Dokken)
7 - The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (as per Dokken)
8 - These Colours Don't Run (as per Dokken)
9 - The Talisman (another bold prediction from yours truly)
10 - The Rainmaker (replacing Dokken's No More Lies at track 10 as the DoD track)
11 - Brave New World (as per Dokken)
12 - When The Wild Wind Blows (as per Dokken)
12 - Fear of the Dark (as per Dokken)
13 - Iron Maiden (as per Dokken)

If they play that list I will be a very happy boy.  Not sure why I have two songs at number 12 though....how did that happen?  May have to scrap The Rainmaker to keep it real.

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
I'd like to see Bruce in a spacesuit floating above the crowd like one of the skeleton space men on the album cover.  Tappish but quite cool.

I like Don Dokken's theory and predictions for the new setlist (see post about half dozen prior to this one) but I'd make a few slight changes to his set:

1 - Satellite 15....The Final Frontier (with possible spaceman/spaceship entrance)
2 - El Dorado (as per Dokken)
3 - Mother of Mercy - (as per Dokken) this song will be a highlight
4 - The Trooper (replacing Dokken's Wrathchild option)
5 - The Evil That Men Do (my own bold prediction)
6 - Isle of Avalon (as per Dokken)
7 - The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (as per Dokken)
8 - These Colours Don't Run (as per Dokken)
9 - The Talisman (another bold prediction from yours truly)
10 - The Rainmaker (replacing Dokken's No More Lies at track 10 as the DoD track)
11 - Brave New World (as per Dokken)
12 - When The Wild Wind Blows (as per Dokken)
12 - Fear of the Dark (as per Dokken)
13 - Iron Maiden (as per Dokken)

If they play that list I will be a very happy boy.  Not sure why I have two songs at number 12 though....how did that happen?  May have to scrap The Rainmaker to keep it real.

I dig the set, but if I never hear them play Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast, and Hallowed Be Thy Name again I'd be a happy man. I never liked the first two, and the third is so overplayed it's not even enjoyable to me anymore. I'd rather hear new stuff, or better old stuff.

Swap Mother of Mercy w/The Alchemist
Swap The Trooper w/Ghost of the Navigator (my fav Maiden tune)
Swap Isle of Avalon w/Starblind
Swap Benjamin Breeg w/Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Swap FOTD w/The Thin Line Between Love and Hate (have they ever done this masterpiece live?)
Swap Iron Maiden w/Powerslave
Swap NOTB w/Stranger in a Strange Land
Swap HBTN w/Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (I would kill to hear that live!)

Sadly, Thin Line has never been done live and I wouldn't count on it ever happening and there's no way in hell Maiden will EVER stop doing HBTN. In fact, Nicko has said that he'll quit band if they ever drop that song. Jokingly I'm sure, but that tells you that it'll never get dropped.
DB, you MUST check out this site!: http://ironmaidencommentary.com/ It tells you all the songs they played on every tour.

Sadly, Thin Line has never been done live and I wouldn't count on it ever happening and there's no way in hell Maiden will EVER stop doing HBTN. In fact, Nicko has said that he'll quit band if they ever drop that song. Jokingly I'm sure, but that tells you that it'll never get dropped.
DB, you MUST check out this site!: http://ironmaidencommentary.com/ It tells you all the songs they played on every tour.

Thanks Travis, that site is a gold mine!

Completely off-topic, but I hope the Twins slay the damn Yankees.

LooseCannon said:
I always imagined that Bruce would be on part of the stage that juts out, and when time comes for his vocal part, they light him up, so he sorta appears out of nowhere.

I imagined that he would be up on the left side of the walkway, where he stands for the trooper

my suggestion of Wrathchild could be any classic. I just put that there because it was most likely. I should've put "Insert overplayed classic here"

I better see Bruce make a grand entrance via spaceship for The Final Frontier. I also expect him to sing The Talisman while only facing directly west, and sing all of When the Wild Wind Blows while crouched under a school desk.

Detective Beauregard said:
I better see Bruce make a grand entrance via spaceship for The Final Frontier. I also expect him to sing The Talisman while only facing directly west, and sing all of When the Wild Wind Blows while crouched under a school desk.

:funnypost:

Im surprised wasted years hasn't been overplayed. It should be a staple

Same with SIASL.

Agreed.

When they do the next classics tour or farewell tour it would be nice if they stuck to a setlist for the entire tour but had a surprise first encore for each different show. The band could go off for a break, decide which song they are gonna play (if they dont know beforehand) and then bruce can come back on and introduce the band and the song.

Good song choices would be

Sea of madness
Infinite Dreams
SIASL
TTLNLAH
The prisoner
TTAL

OOTSP

I think thier farewell tour should have RTTH Trooper etc and the rest songs that have rarely been played live. 

If we're going to start speculating on final tour setlists: I'd really like to see Hallowed as the last song of the encore.

Heres what I think a realistic setlist would look like:
Intro: Satellite 15
1. The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. Mother of Mercy
4. The Trooper
5. Paschendale or Isle of Avalon
6. Benjamin Breeg
7. These Colours Don't Run
8. Rainmaker
9. When the Wild Wind Blows
10. Brave New World
11. The Number of the Beast
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
ENCORE:
14. Coming Home
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. Run to the Hills

This isn't what I'd want the setlist to be, I'd rather see a different old song like Prowler, Evil That Men Do, Still Life in here, but I think this a good prediction on what it will look like.

Back