1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which songs should be played live?

Discussion in 'The Final Frontier' started by Lampwick 43, Aug 10, 2010.

1. DantexTurtle

DantexTurtle Prowler

I am 99.9% sure that The Final Frontier and El Dorado are going to be played live. Satellite 15 will probably be played over the PA.

I am confident that Coming Home and When the Wild Wind Blows will be played as well.

And from a "wishful thinking" point of view... I pray that Starblind, The Alchemist, The Talisman, and Isle of Avalon will all be played live, but I strongly doubt it.

Both Mother of Mercy and The Man Who Would Be King are fantastic pieces of art, but I don't see them being played live.

As for other songs... I will be absolutely shocked if The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, and Run to the Hills are not played. Of course, I rather see other songs since I have seen the all of the above during the last tour, but when Maiden said they were going to play older classics I am positive that they were referring to those songs.

Other hopefuls include Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Paschendale, Ghost of Navigator, and Blood Brothers.

2. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

I'm seeing Maiden in four weeks time (cowabunga!!!) And will be totally satisfied if they play any 6 songs off TFF. A few reunion songs would be very welome too.

And The Evil That Men Do as I've never seen Adrian perform this song live. [hr][/hr]Ideally this...

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
    El Dorado
    Mother of Mercy
    The Trooper
    Wasted Years
    The Talisman
    These Colours Don't Run
    The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
    Starblind
    The Evil That Men Do
    When The Wild Wind Blows
    Fear of the Dark
    Iron Maiden

The Wickerman
    The Number of the Beast
    Hallowed Be Thy Name

3. Jeffmetal

Jeffmetal Ancient Mariner

According to a Bruce interview, this week, there'll be five new songs of the album: The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Coming Home, The Talisman and When The Wild Wind Blows.

4. Cosmiceddie

Cosmiceddie Back From The Edge

The Final Frontier
    The Talisman
    When The Wild Wind Blows

:bigsurprise:

Amazing, there's only 'Mother Of Mercy' missing to make it perfect.

5. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

GODDAMMIT
    I wish something else was being played instead of the Talisman.

6. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Of course they pick my 2 least favorite epics.  <_< Very predictible choice of songs and to think masterpieces like Starblind IOA and Mother of Mercy will never be played live.  :down:

7. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

The Talisman  :yawn:

8. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

I have a feeling this tours about to be very predictable and boring.

9. Mosh

yep. Not as good as 2010[hr][/hr]I do look forward to seeing WTWWB live though

10. Jonszat

Jonszat Trooper

My 1st, 2nd and 3rd song off the album all made it? Awesome. (WTWWB, Talisman, Coming Home). El Dorado and TFF are both songs I really enjoy too. Good stuff. Would've loved to see Avalon or Alchemist in there too though.

11. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

Hi people, just to confirm, no setlist has been verified, mine was just as wish/guess.

And Bruce may have mentioned as few things in interviewed but I am taking his words with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.

12. Jupz

Jupz Ancient Mariner

My two fave epics from TFF :D

My Ideal Maiden Setlist:

Aces High
    The Wicker Man
    These Colours Don't Run
    Children of the Damned
    Flight of Icarus
    The Trooper
    Revelations
    Fear of the Dark

Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
    For the Greater Good of God
    Blood Brothers
    2 Minutes to Midnight
    No Prayer for the Dying
    When the Wild Wind Blows
    Powerslave
    Hallowed Be Thy Name

:D

13. Mosh

my ideal setlist:

Isle of Avalon
    Starblind
    Isle of Avalon
    Starblind
    Paschendale
    Isle of Avalon
    Starblind
    Isle of Avalon
    Starblind
    Rime of The Aincent Mariner
    Isle of Avalon
    Starblind
    Isle of Avalon
    Starblind
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Alexander The Great :D

14. portermoresby

portermoresby Trooper

No Starblind? No TMWWBK? Well, I'm not going to see Maiden anytime soon (no money) but I think that kinda sucks... I hope for all the other Maiden fans out there that Bruce changes his mind.

15. Mosh

Well Bruce is usually right when it comes to tours. It was obvious that they wouldn't play 'king and somewhat obvious with starblind. Again, very predictable song choices.

16. portermoresby

portermoresby Trooper

I was a bit more hopeful about TMWWBK, but yeah, expecting them to play Starblind was kinda wishful thinking. But still I kept a spark of hope alive  :(

17. Mosh

I was the opposite. As much as I love that track it barely made the album, why would they play it live?

18. portermoresby

portermoresby Trooper

Because it insanely kicks ass?

19. Mosh

What I meant is that the reason it almost didn't make the album is the same reason it won't be played live.

20. portermoresby

portermoresby Trooper

I didn't know it barely made the album, what's the reason for both that and not going to be played live?