Which songs should be played live?

I am 99.9% sure that The Final Frontier and El Dorado are going to be played live. Satellite 15 will probably be played over the PA.

I am confident that Coming Home and When the Wild Wind Blows will be played as well.

And from a "wishful thinking" point of view... I pray that Starblind, The Alchemist, The Talisman, and Isle of Avalon will all be played live, but I strongly doubt it.

Both Mother of Mercy and The Man Who Would Be King are fantastic pieces of art, but I don't see them being played live.

As for other songs... I will be absolutely shocked if The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, and Run to the Hills are not played. Of course, I rather see other songs since I have seen the all of the above during the last tour, but when Maiden said they were going to play older classics I am positive that they were referring to those songs.

Other hopefuls include Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Paschendale, Ghost of Navigator, and Blood Brothers.

I'm seeing Maiden in four weeks time (cowabunga!!!) And will be totally satisfied if they play any 6 songs off TFF. A few reunion songs would be very welome too.

And The Evil That Men Do as I've never seen Adrian perform this song live.
Ideally this...

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Mother of Mercy
The Trooper
Wasted Years
The Talisman
These Colours Don't Run
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Starblind
The Evil That Men Do
When The Wild Wind Blows
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

The Wickerman
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name

According to a Bruce interview, this week, there'll be five new songs of the album: The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Coming Home, The Talisman and When The Wild Wind Blows.

Jeffmetal said:
According to a Bruce interview, this week, there'll be five new songs of the album: The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Coming Home, The Talisman and When The Wild Wind Blows.

The Final Frontier
The Talisman
When The Wild Wind Blows

:bigsurprise:

Amazing, there's only 'Mother Of Mercy' missing to make it perfect.

Of course they pick my 2 least favorite epics.  <_< Very predictible choice of songs and to think masterpieces like Starblind IOA and Mother of Mercy will never be played live.  :down:

yep. Not as good as 2010
I do look forward to seeing WTWWB live though

My 1st, 2nd and 3rd song off the album all made it? Awesome. (WTWWB, Talisman, Coming Home). El Dorado and TFF are both songs I really enjoy too. Good stuff. Would've loved to see Avalon or Alchemist in there too though.

Hi people, just to confirm, no setlist has been verified, mine was just as wish/guess.

And Bruce may have mentioned as few things in interviewed but I am taking his words with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.

My two fave epics from TFF :D

My Ideal Maiden Setlist:

Aces High
The Wicker Man
These Colours Don't Run
Children of the Damned
Flight of Icarus
The Trooper
Revelations
Fear of the Dark

Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
For the Greater Good of God
Blood Brothers
2 Minutes to Midnight
No Prayer for the Dying
When the Wild Wind Blows
Powerslave
Hallowed Be Thy Name

:D

my ideal setlist:

Isle of Avalon
Starblind
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
Paschendale
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
Rime of The Aincent Mariner
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
Isle of Avalon
Starblind
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Alexander The Great :D

No Starblind? No TMWWBK? Well, I'm not going to see Maiden anytime soon (no money) but I think that kinda sucks... I hope for all the other Maiden fans out there that Bruce changes his mind.

Well Bruce is usually right when it comes to tours. It was obvious that they wouldn't play 'king and somewhat obvious with starblind. Again, very predictable song choices.

The Knife Master said:
Well Bruce is usually right when it comes to tours. It was obvious that they wouldn't play 'king and somewhat obvious with starblind. Again, very predictable song choices.

I was a bit more hopeful about TMWWBK, but yeah, expecting them to play Starblind was kinda wishful thinking. But still I kept a spark of hope alive  :(

I was the opposite. As much as I love that track it barely made the album, why would they play it live?

What I meant is that the reason it almost didn't make the album is the same reason it won't be played live.

The Knife Master said:
What I meant is that the reason it almost didn't make the album is the same reason it won't be played live.

I didn't know it barely made the album, what's the reason for both that and not going to be played live?

Back