Which songs should be played live?

The Legacy as of last poll had an average ranking of 4.51 stars and was considered the 31st best Maiden song.

The second half of the legacy is fucking spectacular, the first half is just kinda boring.

I have a feeling the set list will look like this

Satellite 15... the final frontier
El dorado
Mother of Mercy
The Trooper
These Colours dont run
Blood brothers
The evil that men do
Isle of Avalon
Brave new world
Wildest dreams
When the wild wind blows
Fear of the dark
Iron maiden

Coming home
Hallowed be thy name
Run to the hills

Just one co-written track by one of the amigos not called Adrian?

Hard to imagine.

We can expect The Alchemist or The Talisman. Or even both, but that's less likely.

Forostar said:
Just one co-written track by one of the amigos not called Adrian?

Hard to imagine.

We can expect The Alchemist or The Talisman. Or even both, but that's less likely.

I would say the talisman is the most liekl;y of the two.

I would be willing place a bet that they dont play TMWWBK though

Well it was literally stated but I'm still not sure about it. No tour was mentioned either. But yeah, big chance.

I don't like it. It's the worst song, which takes a hell of a lot of space in the setlist. I'd rather see Starblind and/or Avalon.

The tour hasn't even started and there's already setlist complaints...

Maiden being open about playing a certain track before the tour starts (which is new) helps of course. No wonder a few people will react. I'll put the following in spoilers since some people know my taste.

I understand that it sounds spoiled to complain in advance, or to complain at all. I'm afraid I just can't really see what's so phenominal about this particular track. I see so many negative things about this song, and this complete forum abstains from mentioning the tiniest inch of criticism. That's when I get "against the grain" rather than "go with the flow". I don't want to fool myself nor you guys.  :D

More important:
I wouldn't have been so negative about it if I wouldn't think all other songs are better, and a number of them are some of the best the band has ever done. I really would love to see these songs, and these chances are getting slimmer and slimmer (if my English makes sense). That dissappointment culminates into this complaint.

Hey Foro. Please divulge on the negative things, if you have already elsewhere I'm sorry for missing. For the record, its not my fave track on the album and I realise its not instrumentally brilliant, lacks a killer solo towards the finale and whilst the subject matter is cool some of the lyrics are a little basic....but I am still finding the song more and more intricate with each listen (easily over 100 by now). Eg, the backing keyboards each time the first chorus is played and the fact a lead guitar lick is played beneath the solo. I think this track will be monumental live...and the band will still play an even blend of 15/16 rockers/epics.

After reading the recent band posts on the official site my guess of setlist is:
Satellite 15....The Final Frontier
El Dorado
The Trooper
These Colours Don't Run
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Coming Home
The Evil That Men Do
Isle of Avalon
The Talisman
Powerslave
When The Wild Wind Blows
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Number of the Beast
Wasted Years
Hallowed be thy Name

In the topic of that song,

you'll find a large complaint.

The Talisman - an alternative point of view

Further I find it weak that the intro of The Legacy (from the the previous album!) was used -not only as inspiration- but as a basis for a f**k'n recycling of the most obvious kind.

I haven't played the song 100 times yet. Maybe that helps indeed to like it better.

By the way, the guitar melodies and rhythm guitars underneath later on (e.g. 7.20-) are not special either. Do songs like Dream of Mirrors or Fortunes of War ring a bell? I rather see more original songs live

Look, it will indeed be an experience to look forward to (as with any new song) and big chance that the live environment will have me banging along as well.

The thing is, I realize what we'll miss instead. Apparently no one minds that much.

I hear ya Foro and have already resigned myself to hearing live max 6 new songs of which atleast 3 will probably come from the first half of the album, meaning that the remaining 3 songs (the big 3 in many peoples opinion no doubts) will come from the second half. If TMWWBK is not played due to the backward solo the choice is down the 4. Of course they may opt for 4 from the first half which makes the battle to hear preffered TFF epics even tenser.

I used to hear some Unbeliever in the aforementioned track but not FoW or DoM...but my mind has now stopped comparing the new tracks with older songs. Ie, I no longer think of Infinite Dreams when listening to Starblind or No More Lies towards the end of Isle of Avalon or TTLBLAH during TMWWBK. It just happens no more. These new songs are original and are themselves.

Maybe it happens less when the comparison is not as obvious as others.

From the new album Maiden will probably play (including the new info):

Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
Eldorado
Coming Home
The Talisman
When the Wild Wind Blows

This is for me 99% sure.

Big chance this will be song 6:
Options:
Mother of Mercy or
The Alchemist

If they'll play one of these two

(imo the two best songs from the album):
Starblind
Isle of Avalon

then it would be huge surprise but also one of the coolest choices ever.

Forostar said:

Eldorado
Coming Home
The Talisman
When the Wild Wind Blows

This is for me 99% sure.

Options:
Mother of Mercy or
The Alchemist

I think you have nailed it here. These choices seem more and more likely. But if they do what you suggest in your last spoiler, and play one of those two monsters, I'll love it. When it comes to The Talisman, I understand your opinion on it, and to some extent agree, but I think it will kick a lot of ass live.

Forostar said:
Maybe it happens less when the comparison is not as obvious as others.

Eldorado
Coming Home
The Talisman
When the Wild Wind Blows

This is for me 99% sure.

Options:
Mother of Mercy or
The Alchemist

If they'll play one of these two

(imo the two best songs from the album):
Starblind
Isle of Avalon

then it would be huge surprise but also one of the coolest choices ever.
I hope its
The Alchemist over MOM
personally

That might work better, but it's maybe my least favorite song of the last four albums, so I wouldn't really want to see it.

Back