Which musician have you seen live with most different bands?

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
I hope I worded the question right, I've been wracking my brain for some time trying to figure it out <_<

I saw Johnny Rotten with Sex Pistols and Public Image Ltd (twice).
Adrian Erlandsson with Paradise Lost and At The Gates.
Jon Dette with Anthrax and Iced Earth.
Ozzy, Geezer and Clufetos with Ozzy and Black Sabbath.

Mark Jansen with After Forever, Epica (the most times from all bands I've seen) and Mayan (twice)
André Borgman with After Forever (many times) and Cell 29
Bas Maas with After Forever (many times) and Doro.
Marcela Bovio with Stream of Passion (twice I think, not sure) and Mayan
Ed Warby with Gorefest (twice) and The 11th Hour
Frank Harthoorn with Gorefest (twice) and The 11th Hour
Anneke van Giersbergen with The Gathering (twice I think), Agua de Annique and The Sirens
Rob Halford with Halford and Judas Priest (thrice I think)
Richie Faulkner with Lauren Harris (twice I think, if not thrice) and Judas Priest
Bobby Jarzombek with Halford and Iced Earth
Adrian Smith with Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden (20 times)
Bruce Dickinson with Skunkworks, Bruce Dickinson and Iron Maiden (21 times)
Steve Harris Iron Maiden (23 times) and Steve Harris/British Lion
Blaze Bayley with Iron Maiden (twice), Blaze (thrice) and Blaze Bayley

(will edit if I think of more)

Last edited:
I think he did. He made a big deal out of it wanting it to be a real band. That said, I think it was both advertised as Bruce Dickinson and Skunkworks or one of the two.

The only musician I can think from the top of my head of is Tim Owens, with Iced Earth and his "Tim Ripper Owens" solo act. I've seen so many bands, many of them relatively obscure, that it's wholly possible that I saw dozens of musicians with different acts - looking at the live musicians Owens played with, I guess I must have seen some of those elsewhere-, but I don't really feel like doing the research right now.

Oh, yeah... I did. :facepalm:

So, Myles Kennedy with Alter Bridge and Slash.

Only two bands, but the musician I've seen the most live is Steve Harris. Maiden x4 and British Lion x4.

Sascha Gerstner with Freedom Call and Helloween
Kiko Loureiro with Angra and Megadeth
Myles Kennedy in Alter Bridge and with Slash's band

Last edited:
Ritchie Blackmore and Roger Glover - both with Rainbow and Deep Purple

Ronnie James Dio - with Dio and Heaven and Hell

Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi - both with Black Sabbath and Heaven and Hell

Guess the only one that springs to mind is Gus G. Seen him a couple of times with fire wind and once live with Ozzy's solo band. Also saw him with dream evil too

Steve Harris with Maiden four times and British Lion two times was the only one I could think of... Until I remembered I actually saw Judas Priest live and can add Richie Faulkner with Lauren Harris and Judas Priest to this list.

That said, I've been a fan of a lot if musicians as they have moved on to other bands but I don't think I've actually seen them live in different constellations. If you don't count tribute bands, cause in that case I've seen John Norum, Ian Haugland and Mic Michaeli from Europe in one at a special occasion show

Faulkner was special though. He really made an impression on me and I still remember seeing him from afar looking cool as hell with Lauren so when Judas Priest announced him as their new guitarplayer it came as no surprise at all. I just knew he'd make it into a bigger band.

Back