Which Maiden song contains your favourite scream?

Vote for the song that contains your favourite scream

• Killers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gangland

• Flight of Icarus

• Can I Play With Madness

• Be Quick Or Be Dead

• Total voters

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
Paul had some. Bruce had a lot. Blaze wisely didn't try to replicate them very often. Those vocal parts that transfer the horror of Killers, the despair of The Number of the Beast or the relief when that poor mariner finally feels the rain coming down.

Which one is your favourite? Since I'm bloody tired I have probably overlooked some. Feel free to suggest more options if your favourite isn't here.

My own? I have already mentioned several of them. Paul's screams in Killers give the song a very omnious and evil feel all the way from the start. Bruce's scream in Number of the Beast sounds like he's letting out all his demons at once (or hitting his thumb with a hammer:D). The one in Rime is great as well - it is also preceded by one of my favourite parts in the entire catalogue, and when the scream comes, you can almost feel you're on the ship deck with the mariner, feeling every bit as happy as him to finally being able to drink water again.

I'd also like to mention the one in Infinite Dreams. It is a quite different style from the high-pitched screams on earlier albums. Again it sounds like a tormented soul letting out a ton of demons at once.

But my pick is Number of the Beast.

Gotta go with Beast. Rime and Infinite Dreams are close.

Back