Which Iron Maiden member's solo album would you like to hear the most?

Which Iron Maiden member's solo album would you like to hear the most?

• Steve

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Adrian

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Nicko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Janick

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
I didn't include Blaze, Bruce and Paul 'cause all of them already have solo albums released under their name. I chose not to count A.S.A.P.'s Silver & Gold as a solo album.

I voted for Janick... It would be interesting to hear a whole album composed by him.

Last edited:
This is entirely dependant on what parts they play in the project.

I think Adrian's would be the most outstanding musically and would have good vocals to boot even if he did it himself.
Steve... can write great songs, but I don't know whether he could play them at all other than bass, and his vocals are not exactly great.
Janick would have some interesting compositions but be very hit and miss I imagine from track to track.. vocally, no idea!
Dave would be very melodic but not overly outstanding, he doesn't do a massive amount of writing in maiden compared to the 3 main writers, and I think it works as it means when he does do something it's fantastic! trying to stretch it out may hurt it.

Nicko... I'd pay to have an album sung by nicko without a second thought! But if he wrote the songs it would probably be pretty subpar I'm sad to say.

As discussed on chat, IMO Maiden should release Nicko singing Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and then when next years 'facebook anti-xfactor' campaign rolls around (I disagree with the principle as it's just handing it to someone else the same way that xfactor does) we should push for that to be the song they campaign for!!! Nicko/Rime as christmas number 1 would be fcking immense.

Anyway, I voted Adrian.

I voted for Janick, because I think he would pull off a majestic instrumental album, something like Vai's Passion and Warfare.

I am still waiting for some instrumental album Adrian announced around 1999/2000.

Back then I had the luck that he answered my question about it:

Foro:
Hello Adrian! I heard you might be planning to make an instrumental album! Very interesting. Would you give us some more info? Thanks!

Adrian:
Yes. I will so some recording this year which may be instrumental.

I think I'd like to hear Janick's solo output... he shows a lot of variation in his playing, and I'd be interested in what he would come up with. For me, his stature within the band has increased a lot through the years... at one time I didn't think he measured up to Dave and Adrian. I was wrong...

Steve's material would sound like Iron Maiden  :bigsmile:

Adrian and Dave's works would sound interesting. Adrian's album would be refreshing and powerful with a hard rock feel to it. Dave's album would be incredibly atmospheric.

Resurrection time!
Steve's material would sound like Iron Maiden :bigsmile:
Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658.gif

Naturally, I voted Adrian. I've said this on other threads but I'd like to see him put out a solo album under his name and sing on it. He hasn't sung on anything he's put out (besides backup and guest on others songs) since ASAP and The Untouchables. I'd really like to hear that again. It would be very rock oriented. I'd be very surprised if it didn't turn out that way.

Going back on what Foro said about an instrumental album, that would be pretty awesome too.

All that being said, I'd be also interested in seeing what Dave could dish out in terms of a solo album.

I've gone for Dave, because he's an unknown quantity here. I can't imagine what Nicko would do. I don't know what Janick would get up to, he could be interesting too, but I'd like to think Dave had something decent up his sleeve.

Adrian.

Instrumental, A.S.A.P. #2, a folk album...I don't care. It'd be great.

I think next up would Janick. I would love to see what he comes up with on his own.

As for the others, we've heard plenty of Steve's material. I don't need more Steve beyond Maiden. I think Dave would be better suited as a studio musician. He is perhaps the best player, but the weakest writer in all of Maiden, other than Nicko...whose album would at least be entertaining as hell!

I've gone for Dave, because he's an unknown quantity here. I can't imagine what Nicko would do. I don't know what Janick would get up to, he could be interesting too, but I'd like to think Dave had something decent up his sleeve.
+1

I've heard Steve say that Davey loves playing the blues, and I would love to hear that! An album of Dave playing blues tunes and solo'ing up a storm? Yes.

Back