Which Iron Maiden album would you like to see performed live in its entirety?

Choose one album:

• Somewhere In Time

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Killers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

• Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Dance Of Death

• A Matter Of Life & Death

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 12 9.2%

• Total voters
But looking at my list, I dunno why I put Virtual XI over Fear Of The Dark. Sure, Fear Of The Dark has "songs" like The Apparition and Weekend Warrior, but it also has one Afraid To Shoot Strangers which is 10x better than all songs from Virtual XI...

So: listened to Killers again. I think my previous impression still holds true.

The first three tracks are great, especially Wrathchild and MITRM, Killers is a good tune, and Genghis Khan is pure adrenaline.

Purgatory, Twilight Zone, Another Life, and Innocent Exile have some cool musical passages, but the overall songs aren't spectacular and the lyrics are average at best. I find Prodigal Son to be a waste of time and Drifter may be one of the top three worst Maiden songs of all time. Pure junk.

The most infuriating thing about the album is that FOUR songs are only half-finished lyrically. It drives me crazy when a band just repeats the same verse over and over again. This is fine maybe once, but FOUR times?! Ridiculous. Another Life is just stupidly repetitive.

When Killers is good, it's amazing, but there is so much unfinished filler on the album that I would put it in my bottom 3 Maiden albums without question. Other than the production, it does not even compare to the quality of the debut.

I don't care what people say, Killers is awesome. I get that the lyrics aren't very good, but so what? The music is awesome, energetic, and the whole thing just rocks.

I've tried to get into "Fillers" (Um...I mean, Killers) many times but have never been able to enjoy it apart from a few songs (Title Track, Innocent Exile, MITMR). I get a banal vibe from it and it's definitely in the bottom three Maiden albums for me, next to NPFTD and FOTD.

I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, it goes up and down with some other albums. Depending on the mood, I actually find Virtual XI to be a far more enjoyable listen than Killers, NPFTD, or X Factor.

Back