Which 'Alchemist' is better?

Which alchemist is better?

• Total voters

Collin

Chasing Ponce De Leon's Phantoms
I was kind of curious what song people thought was better. So vote.

Both are great, Iron Maiden's was actually the first song to really grab me from TFF. But it also really screams generic rocker and doesn't do anything too special.

Bruce's on the other hand has a lot of really fantastic things going on and wraps up the album quite nicely. I love the Chemical Wedding reprise.
I can't really think of a better conclusion to an album by either Bruce or Maiden. So that song gets my vote.

Both are great, Iron Maiden's was actually the first song to really grab me from TFF. But it also really screams generic rocker and doesn't do anything too special.

Bruce's on the other hand has a lot of really fantastic things going on and wraps up the album quite nicely. I love the Chemical Wedding reprise.
I can't really think of a better conclusion to an album by either Bruce or Maiden. So that song gets my vote.

This sums it up nicely, the Maiden song is solid, Bruce's is special.

Lots of other Bruce songs I find intriguing from the beginning till the end but when I listen to The Alchemist I especially like the first 3 and a half minutes (The Stargazer solo-part included). After that I am less fond of the Chemical-Wedding-revisited part.

Maiden's song grabbed me instantly but lately I am a bit less over the moon with it.

Maiden's just wins because I find it less predictable and even if some may call it generic: I'd say it has more identity of its own.

Last edited:
Oh I like it a lot, if it was on a weaker album (specifically Dance of Death or Fear of the Dark), it would be one of the best tracks.

Bruce's by a mile.

Don't try and blame me for your games
Your games are death
My world is light, the angels fill my eyes
With every breath

...and then the title track reprise. Chills every time.

Maiden's song is really an overall enjoyable tune.........but Bruce's is a fucking masterpiece.

Both are good songs..... Bruce's song has an awesome chorus and solos.

I enjoy the Maiden's song more.

Back