1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which album shoud have been recorded by Bruce?

Discussion in 'Best of / Worst of Polls forum' started by fekso, Jul 27, 2017.

?

Which album shoud have been recorded by Bruce?

1. Iron Maiden

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Killers

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. The X Factor

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Virtual XI

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. None of the above

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. fekso

fekso Nomad

Which Bruce Dickinson-less album do you think would have benefited the most from his vocals? We are not talking about re-recording. In terms of success, quality and legacy, whats your take?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. fekso

fekso Nomad

The X Factor.

I still regard it as a masterpiece as it is. But it would have been interesting in terms of critical response. I'm sure the response would have been a lot better!

3. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I'm leaning toward Virtual XI. Several songs fit his style more than Blaze imo. X Factor is a close second, but I think the album would've taken a very different direction with Bruce.

No thanks to him singing on the Paul albums.

4. fekso

fekso Nomad

5. DJMayes

DJMayes Educated Fool

For my money, Iron Maiden is the best of the bunch, and the one I'd most enjoy his vocals on. I quite enjoy the music on Virtual XI, so that would be my second choice.

I still wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Another Life and Innocent Exile if they were sung by Bruce, and whilst he does a mighty rendition of Sign of the Cross even he can't put out the dumpster fire that is The X Factor.

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Slave 'til Death

Can there be a 'none' option? I think they're all fine as is and could not decide for the life of me. :p

Bombusbombus likes this.
  7. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

In my opinion - all of them would benefit. ;) Except for Killers. That one would benefit from better songs.

8. fekso

fekso Nomad

should be a L in there...

9. Iron Lurker

Iron Lurker Prowler

Hey now, I think Killers is awesome. And it has nothing to do with the fact it was my first Maiden album and is very near and dear to my heart...nope, not at all.....:innocent:

10. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I fixed this poll. I should also move it to the polls forum...in fact, I'm going to.

11. The Reverend

The Reverend Invader

I would love to hear the rest of The X Factor with Bruce on vocals.

12. None of them. Even songs from Killers such as Wrathchild don't sound quite right with Bruce.

Yes Bruce adds something to Clansman & Sign of the Cross, but the weaker Blaze songs would still be weak songs, irrespective of who sang them...

13. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

None. It never crossed my mind. Also not when the Blaze albums came out. This was how the new singer sounded, this was how the band sounded, this was how the music sounded and the singer was part of it.

Ariana and Diesel 11 like this.