Where do you see Iron Maiden going after TBOS ?

Yeah I know johnglen said he can't provide one.
Only thing I remember was interview during Donington 1988 where Bruce said that speed/trash bands play too fast and that he can't understand them.

World tour from 2016-autumn 2017.
Time off to summer 2018 - dvd release with touring out that year.
2019 - either new album released in November with a world tour to follow early 2020, or one final, massive world tour that goes well into 2021!

Of course one or more members could get a health hickup or have to step down from the band for various reasons, but lets hope they keep healthy and want to continue for a while more :) however, if The Book of sould is their last album, then I'm happy to, its a great album to retire with :)

For the people that are suggesting thrash influences, blastbeats (!!!) and so on , Maiden have commented on how they hate thrash metal and even replied to a question , about how they influenced thrash metal, with a "OMG what have we done ?" . Don't ask me for a link this was in a magazine interview in mid-to-late eighties but i am 100% certain about it . Anyway they can't create a "Painkiller" at their age , just like Priest can't for that matter .
Even if this is true, people change their minds.
Bruce once said you can't have keyboards in metal.

I would like them to retire. Another record as mediocre/bad as The Book of Souls would probably make me forget why I was ever a fan.

I think Maiden will end up retiring without planning to.. I sure hope they don't go out on a "Farewell Tour", and then, like, make a comeback the next year. I'd rather it just suddenly end. Maybe they won't retire, but just stop touring one day.. And after that we'll get lots of cool live albums, documentaries and stuff like that.

Or studio albums

Re reading interviews from TBOS release in classic rock magazine I'm convinced there will be one more studio album. Came from Harris himself.

I would definitely like a 90s tour. FOTD is a stellar underrated album and NPFTD has some killer tracks. It was just a bad time for metal in general in the 90s.

Before anything, solo albums please! I would like to see British Lion have a go at another album. The Spitfire track they've been playing live sounds great. The tracks Bruce brought to Book of Souls were amazing.

But I would like them to do another album tour after that. Maiden has covered their history sufficiently. There are tracks from the 90's albums that should return, so if they could do that while only doing 2-3 new songs, that would be great!

They will do & history tour, "Legacy Of The Beast" starting with U.S Leg 1, Europe leg, one UK festival date. U.S leg 2. (2018-19).

Next album "Where No Man Has Gone Before" will be released in 2021. U.S leg 1. Europe & UK dates in 2023. North America leg 2.

Re reading interviews from TBOS release in classic rock magazine I'm convinced there will be one more studio album. Came from Harris himself.

I would definitely like a 90s tour. FOTD is a stellar underrated album and NPFTD has some killer tracks. It was just a bad time for metal in general in the 90s.

I don't think so, 90s were pretty good for metal. A lot of shit emerged but a lot of shit got drowned too (hair / glam stuff). Maiden's problems in the 1990s weren't tied to U.S. music media turning head around from anything classified as metal. They stand on their own. FOTD tour was big, yet they choose to play only a handful of songs live. Maiden lost direction after Seventh Son. The Harris-Murray-Dickinson-McBrain-Gers lineup played more old stuff live than any other. There are some very good songs on that record like Be Quick, Childhood's End, ATSS and the opening track, some cool ones in between but the bulk of the record is completely flawed, whether it's going back to AC/DC roots From Here To Eternity three chord shit, blatant generic MTV-compatible Wasting Love, or just interesting ideas that didn't click such as the Apparition. I think it was supposed to be a somewhat heavy song with all the chuga chuga guitar accents and that instrumental bridge, but alas.

They don't play songs off FOTD because those failed, they don't play songs off SiT because they'd fail ;)

Personally I loved the way FotD mixed hard rock songs like From Here to Eternity and Wasting Love with classic Maiden metal like FotD, ATSS, and Judas Be My Guide. I also really liked Bruce's agressive vocals. But I loved hard rock before I loved metal. The early 90s stuff was kind of a necessary change after the classic bombastic 80s stuff.

Now the Blaze era, on the other hand..

Well personal opinions aside, 1999- Maiden is a lot more like 1995 Maiden than 1992 Maiden.

Well personal opinions aside, 1999- Maiden is a lot more like 1995 Maiden than 1992 Maiden.

1995-1998 Maiden was lacking dynamism and fresh ideas. It was dreary music. 1999+ Maiden certainly is not.

1992 Maiden is distinctive. Really would have liked to see that version of the band continue to evolve. The improvement from NPftD to FotD was dramatic. A 3rd album would have been really interesting, I think.

But history is history. Everything worked out in the end how it was supposed to.

Yup, everything got back where it belongs. The importance and influence of Blaze era on post Blaze Maiden has been discussed before here, tho.

1995-1998 Maiden was lacking dynamism and fresh ideas. It was dreary music.
You propably wouldn't think that if the songs had been recorded in a good studio with a top producer, like nearly all of the other albums in the band's catalogue. No Prayer and Fear were also recorded at Barnyard Studios at Steve's home, yes, but at least Martin Birch was present the whole time.

The leftovers from Virtual XI which made Brave New World (Blood Brothers, The Mercenary, Dream of Mirrors and The Nomad) shows this difference.

Last edited:
Back