When the Wild Wind Blows

How good is When the Wild Wind Blows on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
The Man Who Would Be King

I need to consider watching the news. I only watch political talk shows so much of that "medicines that will kill you" nonsense isn't very prevalent. I didn't realize it was that bad though.

There was an unofficial "videoclip" made from those cartoons, and I can't find it anymore.
Can someone help me with this?

Someone posted a link to it on this thread IIRC.

That's why I asked, cause I can't find it
I found one which I think it could be but I can't access it because of the country where I am

Daily Song: When the Wild Wind Blows

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: When the Wild Wind Blows

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

When the earthquake strikes, this song kicks. It's beautiful and beautiful and surreal. I can't say enough about this song. That this is only my 3rd favourite on the record shows how deep and powerful this entire album is, even almost a year later. 10/10.

Re: Daily Song: When the Wild Wind Blows

This is a really good song. Much better than the last few Steve only epics, but it is a bit overshadowed by IOA and Starblind. Something Talisman and TMWWBK have the same problem with. However this one is a much better song, and if it weren't for those two juggernauts, it would easily be the best song on the album, and perhaps the last decade. 10

9/10. I like this song, but for me, it's outshone by TMWWBK coming right before it.

Great song and definitely my fave from the album! Fantastic stuff, really powerful and emotional. 10

This is like a classic folk ballad, as interpreted by the world’s greatest heavy metal band. Different, yet so obviously Maiden. Exquisite, low-key melody, brilliant instrumental parts, great mix of heavy and dark and it tells a great story. Everything I love about the band is here. 10 and top 10 all-time.

My early favourite from the album, and still up there. Beautiful, thought-provoking and engaging. 10/10.

10/10. Great story with a rather sad twist of fate, and fantastic song.

Sorry to let the side down, but rather like TMWWBK, the lyrics just seem thrown together here. I like TFF a lot until it reaches the final three tracks. 5/10.

mckindog said:
Exquisite, low-key melody, brilliant instrumental parts, great mix of heavy and dark and it tells a great story.
This. This is the least progressive epic of this album, and sounds like classic Maiden. 10/10!

Impressive final track (my favourite album closer of the 1998-2010 era). I am very fond of Bruce in this song. He nailed it excellent, especially in the "picture on the wall" part -one of the best moments of this album- he sings with so much feel. Another highlight is Adrian's solo. H brought the best out of him during the TFF sessions.

I am not fond of the unnecessary ATSS intervals, so that's a minus one.

'When The Wild Wind Blows' never gets boring albeit being over 10 minutes long. There's always a different vocal melody line with the several parts of the song. Bruce sounds very relaxed on this one, he doesn't strain himself and Nicko's drumming is sublime. 10/10

Takes my breath away every time I hear it.  Bruce is at his stellar storytelling best...."They're in the shelter feeling snug"...love it! so not metal but it sounds great!  Each solo is note perfect and I love them all and each are well framed by classic Maiden riffs and harmonies.  The mid-tempo riff throughout adds an apocalyptic horizon to the song's feel and Nicko and Steve provide the epic with a real solid drive.  Not a single second of this song is wasted and I shall never tire of it.  Quite possibly my favourite Maiden track, certainly top 5.  It is such a wonderful feeling having been a diehard Maiden fan for 24 years to be treated to a masterpiece like this off a masterful album which followed on from another masterful album.  These six men are immortal.

1,000,000,000/.10

Excellent song.  It really tells the story both muscially and lyrically.  This is what Maiden does best.  A 10.

Great song, hasn't grow on me so much so far. I'm listening to it a lot nowadays to see will it grow on me. 9/10.

Back