1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When The River Runs Deep

Discussion in 'The Book of Souls' started by SinisterMinisterX, Aug 22, 2015.

?

How good is When the River Runs Deep on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

13.6%
  2. 9

2.3%
  3. 8

27.3%
  4. 7

27.3%
  5. 6

15.9%
  6. 5

11.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.3%
  1. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

Just getting it out of the way, I love the title to this song. It sounds a lot like When The Wild Wind Blows, and given that song, one would expect this to be an epic of similar proportions. One would be wrong. At first I was disappointed that it was a faster-paced track, but a few re-listens and now I wonder why I was. I honestly think it's a great song, a highlight of the album as a whole. 7/10.

Y'know what? Fuck it. I've been giving so many 7's today I'm gonna bump it up to 8. It's a great track, and a highlight of the album. That deserves something higher. A strong 8/10.

2. Dentura

Dentura Invader

I really enjoy the fast, almost thrashy nature of the guitar and drum work on this song. The solos are also well done. Unfortunately the "now with nothing to hide going nowhere" section kind of ruins the vibe for me and slows things down when everything else is superb. Take that part out and I would bump it up to 8.5, as it stands I would give it 8/10.