Whatever happened to the spokens' transcription

gor

Ancient Mariner
the spoken part transcriptions were really great. whatever happened to them?

ps. The following is meant as an opinion, not a correction or a smart-ass quote, it's the greatest maiden site available after all...:

I don't really care for the new album menu. first of all, the images come from the old editions of the cds, which for the most part lack artistic value, album fonts, and are full of barcode numbers and things that are no longer relevant (such as "CD" at the end of the live after death title).... makes it look like a product list. furthermore, many young people who come here won't be seeing this image on the side of their cds, because they will have the remastered edition.... I think that the way they were shown on the old list on the right of the screen, is much more uniform, suitable and pleasant. ofcourse, someone would have to draw them to have the approximate size of a cd side.... I could help if I had the fonts. Anyway, my €0.02 [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I don't quite know what you're on about. What do you call "spoken part transcriptions "? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think he means spoken intros to songs like The Prisoner or The Number Of The Beast, which are not currently included on the Lyrics pages. I see you've got the ATG intro there, so I suppose you were following the lyrics as printed with the albums (I remember ATG intro is printed in the SiT lyrics, but the NotB intros aren't with that album's lyrics).

However, I don't recall those intros ever having been present on the Commentary (at least not on the Lyrics pages), so I also don't completely understand gor's question. But I do agree that they'd make a great addition to the Lyrics pages.

Re layout/graphics/etc... I think they're fine. Not the layout I would have chosen, but it'll do. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-AnC^MaRiNeR+Apr 20 2004, 04:14 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AnC^MaRiNeR @ Apr 20 2004, 04:14 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] DOGS!!!!!! [/quote]
If it were anyone else, I'd ask what that is supposed to mean.

i mean transcriptions of the spoken parts...

Mission From 'Arry

listen w/ nicko I-X

Blaze Bayley Interview Pt I,II

etc...

Everything's there! [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Look at each album commentary page from Iron Maiden to Seventh Son..., you'll find the links to the "Nicko rants".

The rest is in the lyrics of the corresponding singles.

Be also ready to find a 'Listen With Nicko - Part XI' soon! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hello Gor !

Mission to 'Arry :
[a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=single11_2minutes/lyrics11_2minutes&lang=eng&link=singles\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=single1...ng&link=singles[/a]

euh... well for the rest... Let's Maverick answer you himself, I am sure he knows where they are.

Cheers !

'Mission From 'Arry' is actually at this link: [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=single11_2minutes/lyrics11_2minutes&lang=eng&link=singles#track3\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=single1...=singles#track3[/a] [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

To be honest, Mav, The Commentary miss an index section, it would be easier, or a table of contents. The thing is there are some stuff from Maiden I don't know where and when they've been done, so it's more difficult to find.

Anyway, don't get mad at me because I am not a "true fan" [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] who should know everything. I can help you if you need to ? [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And as for the link I gave I only pasted the one on the top !!! Bououououh !!! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
My new name is Caliméro [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Apr 20 2004, 05:08 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Apr 20 2004, 05:08 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]

Be also ready to find a 'Listen With Nicko - Part XI' soon!  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
thanks!

ps. tell me everything about nicko XI! i had heard it only as a rumor... which promo is it on?

It's on the No Prayer... promo as a hidden track. All will be revealed in due time! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back